Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I will tell Bill about it tomorrow. For once, he is actually enjoying his weekend so Monday he will find out about it.

It's as easy as putting the new program on the server and you downloading it.
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Whopper

travisunderwood is on a distinguished road

Thanks! Of course he should have a weekend!! I know how busy they are. Its a good and bad problem! Took over a month to get the first modification to my 80 tunes, hoping it wont be too much work/trouble for Bill to whip up a high altitude one to replace the 100hp.

Just have him reply to my email... and I am not trying to use you as a mediary.
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Whopper

Firehunter is on a distinguished road

Subscribed. I live in a valley floor at 5,000 feet and drive to 6 and 7 thousand feet almost every day. I was looking at the 100 tune for daily driving in a 6-speed but may have to go to a lower tune??? Maybe at 5,000 it's not an issue from what I'm reading.

Thanks for the observations!
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 01:24 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The amount of fuel required for an honest 100 HP at high elevation is going to be too much to be smoke free.
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Whopper

But when I want an honest 100hp I don't mind the smoke. If I am cruising 65 mph on the 100hp setting there shouldn't be any smoke. The impression I got from Travis's post is he is getting smoke while cruising empty, not accelerating or towing?
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

In all honesty, if Travis' truck smokes ALL of the time, he has a mechanical issue with the truck.

I think what he means is that any time he accelerates at a decent rate.....
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Whopper

travisunderwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
In all honesty, if Travis' truck smokes ALL of the time, he has a mechanical issue with the truck.

I think what he means is that any time he accelerates at a decent rate.....
Correct. It does not smoke all the time. Any little acceleration it will, just pulling out of the driveway the driveway is full of smoke with 100hp at 7900 feet.

Pretty much any acceleration at any throttle position it will smoke in 100hp. I would say 80% of the time withe 80hp tune. Then below 5000ft 80hp rarely smokes under hard acceleration.

Never been able to just cruise as its all mountains here in central colorado.

Down in denver with 80hp tow or daily it is fine, smoke once in a while and nothing while on the interstate... thats 4 hrs away from here.

I would say 100hp was much more driveable down low, it was great in Wisconsin.
Old Sun, June 6th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Whopper

Copy that, thanks.
Old Thu, June 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Double Whopper

Blowby is on a distinguished road

Travis, I have been running in CO for many years with big injectors and I agree that up above Denver the fueling per air is a challenge. I have developed quite a few tunes for this issue using PHP software but I don't know if I can help with the module you have. It's all in the programing if your truck is functioning properly. So to answer your question a custom tune from PHP will solve your problems.
Swamps Diesel Performance - Injectors & IDM
Gearhead Automotive Performance - Stage II Cam
Old Sun, June 13th, 2010, 10:54 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

where in Colorado are you located, I would be happy to take a look at your truck and with Cody and Bill's assistance maybe we can get your tunes tweaked. Bill is coming out for truckfest at Bandimere speedway in August... you may wanna go for some live tuning... I have changed the high altutude maps on Bill's tunes for the CO altitude, however I really need to get setup for live tuning with my Minotaur so I can tweak these settings on the fly
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's