Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Lowdown89 is on a distinguished road
Default My engine build thanks to Bill,Cody and Brad

I thought I posted these pictures but guess I didn't here are the pictures from the build.... Bill and Cody did a AWESOME job on it!

ok, so this all started as a simple take the heads off have them cleaned up and put studs in along with new turbo,injectors, HPOP, and fuel system... what it turned into was a complete engine rebuild after Bill found a good bit of damage to my rockers,valves and pistons... just figured i would share some of the highlights of the build with yall

on the trailer headed to GA for Bill to work his magic!!

engine is out and ready to find out whats going on

the turbo has seen better days!!!! it seems squirrels made a next in my intake while i had the truck parked for a while!!!!

Cody tearing the engine apart

almost coompletely tore down

think the valves need replacing??

piston damage!!

kinda hard to see but showing the cylinder wear

cleaned up and ready to start going back together

looking like an engine again

getting there!!

shot of the Adrenaline pump and CPR fuel system

better shot...

everything back together and back in the truck

close up of fuel bowl delete and new fuel filter

CPR fuel pressure regulator mounted

on the dyno breaking in the engine

and its done!!!

First of i have to give HUGE props to Bill,Brad and Cody From Power Hungry Performance, they have done an awesome job and are absolute pleasure to work with!! 2nd i got to thank Bob Riley at dieselsite for everything from answering all my dumb questions and always being on top of getting bill parts as soon as i would order them LOL, and Clay at RiffRaff for the awesome deal on the turbo.... and also thanks to everyone who i have bugged and bothered while i was gathering parts to get this underway!!!!

The truck made 396hp and 867ft lbs which I was pretty happy with I can't wait to get a built trans so I can spend even more money for my eventual goal of around 550hp
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Sure looks good, I don't mind admitting I'm jealous...lol
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I'm kind of wondering how Bill got that picture of me.....

That's not my good side.

Thanks for the good words, Jason. Enjoy the truck!
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post

That's not my good side.

WHO TOLD YOU YOU HAVE A GOOD SIDE
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 09:26 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post

That's not my good side.

He got the picture while he was "documenting" everything while you did all the work. Hahahahahaha but no problem like I said I already want more and I'm thinking of ways to come up with the money for a WOP GQSSB and some hybrids, I think I should have a solid enough foundation now for in the future to try to get at least 550hp, what do you think Cody? Well besides the stock trans that's why I didn't want to go big with it now I knew I had to keep it alive for a while
Old Sun, May 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Oh and those pictures of how dirty the engine bay was, was just to much so today I tried cleaning it up some all that dust and dirt just looks horrible in pictures lol. I mean not that the truck is a show queen by any means but the nicest part of the truck is the engine so I gotta keep it clean lol
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown89 View Post
He got the picture while he was "documenting" everything while you did all the work. Hahahahahaha but no problem like I said I already want more and I'm thinking of ways to come up with the money for a WOP GQSSB and some hybrids, I think I should have a solid enough foundation now for in the future to try to get at least 550hp, what do you think Cody? Well besides the stock trans that's why I didn't want to go big with it now I knew I had to keep it alive for a while
The thing is that I didn't even notice he was taking the picture. I'm usually pretty cognizant of people holding cameras in my vicinity (to avoid having my picture taken at all costs) but I guess I was too busy talking. Look at that receeding hair line....

Really, I would leave it as it is. If you want 550 HP though, go for it.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Mon, May 30th, 2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
tech man

StripperDJ is on a distinguished road

Cody is that part of being in the witness protection program???? Never have your pic taken and never, never be on Tv.... Now with that being said I love my picture being taken....When you look as good as I do,,,why not be seen everywhere ??
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 08:29 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by php6 View Post
When you look as good as I do,,,why not be seen everywhere ??
Oh boy........

How's the Mustang running?
Old Mon, May 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
EVERYDAY HUSTLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by php6 View Post
Cody is that part of being in the witness protection program???? Never have your pic taken and never, never be on Tv.... Now with that being said I love my picture being taken....When you look as good as I do,,,why not be seen everywhere ??
Hahaha brad The only problem is you always got a UGA hat on...... Nobody wants a picture of that lol