Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road
Default Unplugging Gryphon

What happens when you unplug your gryphon when your truck is off? I have to park my truck for several days at a time at a parking lot a ways from where i live, and its there are some issues with theft. So, i would probably remove it every time i park it.

Also, has anyone found a different place to put the gryphon? I saw on another forum site that someone was trying to put it in the flip-out ashtray. That would be optimum since i would be able just to flip it closed and hide it...
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconnaway View Post
What happens when you unplug your gryphon when your truck is off? I have to park my truck for several days at a time at a parking lot a ways from where i live, and its there are some issues with theft. So, i would probably remove it every time i park it.

Also, has anyone found a different place to put the gryphon? I saw on another forum site that someone was trying to put it in the flip-out ashtray. That would be optimum since i would be able just to flip it closed and hide it...
There's no problem whatsoever with unplugging and removing the Gryphon if you're going to park it in an insecure area. I would actually consider this to be a smart move. Additionally, since it simply functions as a "monitor" once the PCM has been programmed, you don't really need it in the truck at all once the tune is loaded (but of course you would not have the gauge feature then).

Just make sure you turn the ignition to ON before you plug the Gryphon back in so it can initialize properly.

I've seen a mount for the Gryphon that puts it above the rearview mirror. I've forgotten the name of that mount, but you could possibly "Google" "Edge mounts" or "Gryphon mounts" and find it. The unit would be less visible there. And, I DO remember someone mounting the unit in their ashtray, but I don't think there's any commercial mount that's made for it there.

I think if your truck is in an insecure area, removing the Gryphon is the best defense.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, November 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconnaway View Post

Yeah just like Jack said about unplugging it.

You didn't see that ash tray thread on FordF150.net by any chance did you? I saw that one today and thought that would be a good idea. Do you have the slider ash tray or the fold out? I bet it would be possible with the fold out ash tray that guy had.
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
Yeah just like Jack said about unplugging it.

You didn't see that ash tray thread on FordF150.net by any chance did you? I saw that one today and thought that would be a good idea. Do you have the slider ash tray or the fold out? I bet it would be possible with the fold out ash tray that guy had.
haha, yup. thats the one. :-P but ya, i got a fold out one as well. I really like the idea, just wanna know for sure it would work before i start messing with a $400 piece of equipment...
Old Sat, November 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Take some pics of it open with the programmer sitting next to it. It would be cool if it worked.
Old Wed, November 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Rearview mirror mount.
www.blendmount.com

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.