Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road
Default Finally, Job search is over!

Well, after many months of searching, countless web searches multiple times a day, online submissions, resumes sent, and only a couple actual interviews, I found a new job.

Despite my experience and professional accomplishments, I think my previous wages could have been a negative since few places seemed willing to even offer anything close to what I was paid before. Thankfully, I was offered a job at a place only three miles from my home and at a good wage. Yeah, no more dealing with university or shopping mall traffic, nor typical rush hour drivers . I get to have a straight run in the opposite direction most traffic usually goes. A nice plus is not being blinded by the sun going to and coming from work everyday.
I still get to work in the automotive field, and with a company that is still very busy despite the poor economy. This is definitely a plus in NY where we keep hearing of businesses downsizing, leaving the state, or closing their doors....even when times were good.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well and sent in some prayers for me (Thanks Corey).

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 10:21 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Fantastic! We are thrilled for you, although probably not as excited as you are.

It's bad enough that there are people who don't want to work. It even worse that there are people who want to work but physically can't. It's really bad that there are able bodied people willing to work and there just aren't any jobs available.

Good luck with the new job.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, July 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone!

Bill, you are so right. I have several physical limitations, and that makes finding work more difficult. There were many jobs I wanted, but had to pass on, while I have experience and could still do them, I wouldn't be able to do them for very long.
It's just a shame that there as so many good workers out there who simply cannot find good paying jobs, or jobs at all right now. It's a very frustrating position to be in.

This area is a very tough area to find good work if you don't have a masters degree in some sort of science, or an "in" for a government job. The steel mills, Ford and Chevy plants used to be the biggest employers, now it's the ever increasing, ever wasteful and corrupt, state and county governments.

I'm just thankful that God works things out in time. I am thankful that I don't have to resort to "Plan B," as I don't think I'd be very good at flipping burgers next to some high school drop out (I just envisioned fryer accidents in their future LOL).

Thankfully, I'll be enjoying my commute much more now with my custom tunes, and saving some gas too! Thanks Bill!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, July 30th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Congrats to you for finding a job.
Old Thu, July 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Bacon King

Desert Racer is on a distinguished road

Congrats mang!