Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, May 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
American Muscle

dplummer87 is on a distinguished road
Tuner for cummings diesel

Ok, so with fathers day approaching, the fam is going to chip in and get my dad a tuner for his 06 dodge mega cab cumming 5.9...(yes, he regrets it...99 F350 was his old truck) Anyway, he uses it as a daily driver and for work...Has about 75k on it now and i know he has been wanting a tuner pretty bad...He doesnt really want power, he is more concerned about MPG's...I see edge and bully dog both have a "gas" product...anyone have any advice? Any boost in performance is always a plus...but like i said, getting that infamous 120 hp boost is not what we are after....any body have any advice on what product to go with and not having to worry about egt's?

Usually the bed is only loaded with a couple hundred pounds...

At the max, he will go 350 miles with about 1500 pounds in the bed, with a 16ft flat bed trailer loaded with....maybe with 3500-4000 lbs....Dont know how much the trailer weighs...Usually when he pulls that he takes the ford () but every once in a while he takes the dodge even though he hates beating it up...hmmm, doesnt seem to beat up the ford though but i guess thats for a different discussion
Old Thu, May 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Check out the Powermax modules from TST. Here's a link.

http://www.tstproducts.com/03-06dodg...maxcrecon.aspx
Old Thu, May 7th, 2009, 09:15 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Its Cummins, there's no g in it. Except for. G. Why did I buy a dodge. May help your search. If u spell it right.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, May 7th, 2009, 09:22 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Its Cummins, there's no g in it. Except for. G. Why did I buy a dodge. May help your search. If u spell it right.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
American Muscle

yeah i know, my bad...Already searched plenty...was hoping to get your guys thoughts on what kind of tuner will boost mpg's for that brand of diesel...
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
American Muscle

That TST one says i still should get an EGT gauge
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I think a pyrometer should be mandatory on ANY late-model 5.9L Cummins because they ride the ragged edge of meltdown from the factory. 300+ HP of constant duty power from a 360 cubic inch engine is crazy.

Seriously, if your dad doesn't do a whole heck of a lot with it (towing hard for hours at a time), I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

I sell quite a few edge milage max chips. They work great, they add about 35hp and are safe to run without gauges. I see an average of 2 mpg increase with these.

They cost 279.**.

If you decide on something else I can get whatever you want. I sell TST, Edge, Superchips, and any other manufacturer that you could think of.

Thanks

Ty

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 11:04 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopellimotorsports View Post
I sell quite a few edge milage max chips. They work great, they add about 35hp and are safe to run without gauges. I see an average of 2 mpg increase with these.

They cost 279.**.
Ha ha. I totally forgot about the "E".
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
American Muscle

Are there any other mods that are worth the money out there for diesel? Specifically cummins?