Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 07:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
HOW MANY?

Wow!

Just read the saturday paper and seen the cuts for dodge and gm dealerships.
GM=1100 gone
Dodge=800 gone
Not imediate closings but will take effect over the next year.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

That's only about half of the dealerships GM is planning to close...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sat, May 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

What's more troubling, to me at least, is that "bankruptcy" has allowed GM and Chrysler to do this, which trims their cost structure. And that makes them more financially "efficient".

Guess what? Ford can't close any dealerships, so, even in this horrible economy, they have to support a corporate structure that has to be causing huge losses.

Understand, please, I'm NOT for putting people out of work. It just seems unfair to me, somehow, that a company that has more accurately foreseen the future and has taken steps to work properly in that future should now be penalized by laws designed to help companies in trouble.

I guess the moral is, "Don't be TOO successful!"

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

You said it Jack. I know here in western NY Ford has been working to get rid of some of the dealerships. In the past 2-3 years 4 dealerships just in Erie county have closed. On the bright side of things for these dealers is that they at least got "bought out" so they weren't left penniless for all their years in business. Sadly, many of these dealers now closing are just getting "bent over" the parts counter.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Whopper

wrtaz is on a distinguished road

On the flip side they'll be more Ford dealerships around than the others which may eliminate some competition. You just never know how this will all play out.
Closed Thread