Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road
Default North Korea

What are some of your views on the increasing intensity with N. Korea?

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It's making me nervous. I think the regime there is pretty irrational by Western standards and I see nothing but trouble down the road. I also think it's encouraging that the UN security Council seems united on this subject. It's so common to have China or Russia veto any reasonable move that I expected it to happen here too.

One thing I know, North Korea would not be an easy country to "invade". It has many of the physical characteristics of Afghanistan (mountains, dispersed industry, etc.), but it also has a large standing army with big guns trained on Seoul. I think at the slightest provocation, Seoul would be a smoking hole. And, we are already stretched far too thin to even think about military action against North Korea.

To me, it seems like North Korea really wants to be recognized as a major player among the nations of the world. Having nuclear capability gives them a huge boost in that direction.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Wed, June 17th, 2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Fixed a little typo ("too", not "to")
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

I think we're kind of in between a rock and a very hard place. I think NK is the toadie for China and they're allowing them some room just to push the buttons to see what osama is going to do about it. They know he's weak, and they're playing it for all it's worth.

Their dictator is a total whack job and shouldn't have nukes, in my opinion, but who's really going to stop him if China isn't going to put pressure on them? Do we really think they're going to listen to us?
We certainly can't rely on the UN (useless nations), they're a total joke! They'd have ships/troops watch him load nukes on ships/missles and do nothing, just like they did in Bosnia while people were being slaughtered. Oh, maybe they'd send him another letter condemning his actions.....oooooh, that's being tough!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

My view is kim jong il has not got long to live, he's named his heir/successor his son,i think he wants to go out with a bang/blaze of glory kind of deal,Thus keeping his name alive in korea and history.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road

To this day we have been and still are sending troops to South Korea ever since the Korean war. Just a little side note of history here to. For anyone that may not know the Korean war never did technically end, it was just a cease fire.
Closed Thread