Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 01:34 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default Tuning Bobcat Skidsteers???

well I am going to be buying a 1998 Bobcat 753 skidsteer which I believe has a naturally aspirated Kubota 4 cyl diesel. wondering if I could tweak any settings to get it to do better at altitude once I get it to Colorado.. Maybe tweak the timing a bit? Not sure what else I can do? I think they are Mechanical type pump injection... need to get a shop manual ordered too..
Just came across a good deal on one here in CA. if I get it shipped to CO (has to go by commercial shipper) so I don't have to pay the sales tax. It ends up only being about $275 more than if I bought it here (which I would have to pay tax) and towed it back myself... and I don't have the hassle of borrowing a trailer etc.. Just need to do a bunch of work my yard and driveway.
I used to have a 99 model 863 with the turbocharged 84 HP engine when I had my excavating business in CA. It was a brute but also went through a lot of fuel...
Anyway this one is a great price and I could easily sell it for a nice profit when I am done with it... Of course that will probably be Never

If anyone else is looking for a tractor the dealer also has a 1971 Ford 3400 loader with gannon box for $3500 they are calling it a mechanic special as it works but has lots of oil leaks etc. but it has power steering at least... Might be good for someone needing a personal use machine around their property. I considered getting it but Having owned a bobcat I decided to drop the extra cash for the 753... check out Cookequipment.com used equipment page... the 753 I'm buying is still on there too.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, June 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

We played with a T-190 skid steer yesterday! I even drove it around for a couple of hours. At one point, I lifted the bucket as high as I could and drove around pretending to be Kevin Bacon playing Chicken in Footloose. Billy created a dirtbike/ATV track through the woods for the boys and leveled out a lot of the yard so that we can put the pool up. Now we need to head to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some grass seed to cover our lovely Georgia clay.

I kept making jokes about it needing a chip. Not sure if it can actually be tuned or not -- that's a question for the Mad Doctor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skidsteer 1.jpg (57.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Skidsteer 2.jpg (60.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Skidsteer 3.jpg (63.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Skidsteer 5.jpg (56.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Skidsteer 8.jpg (61.5 KB, 5 views)

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, June 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Is that yours? or did ya rent it? those tracked machines are awesome for your area.. I ran Loegering Steel over the wheel tracks when I used to have my 863, they worked awesome... Those rubber tracks are extremely expensive to replace though... If I had unlimited funds I would probably go with the A300 all wheel steer machines... You can't really have as much fun in the tracked machines cuz you cant do wheelies etc... Did ya know they used to sell a wheelie bar with a 3rd wheel many years ago for the skidders. you could go backward and then quick forward which would pop u up into a wheelie and then land on the 3rd wheel of the back of the machine and turn it around........ Had an old 600 (early 70's era) before that I did that with
Old Sat, June 20th, 2009, 06:26 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

753 a great machine. Lots of the around here.

When you are thinking about pumping up the hp in the 753. Think about everything else that might have accelerated wearing due to excess hp.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, June 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
753 a great machine. Lots of the around here.

When you are thinking about pumping up the hp in the 753. Think about everything else that might have accelerated wearing due to excess hp.

Lars
Ill only do it if its cheap and easy... Im only going to be using it around my property so it won't see a lot of use... Ill have to see how it does at 6K feet evelation first. Hopefully it will get delivered while I am back in CO for the next 2 weeks...
Closed Thread