Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 07:52 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about
Default The Ford vs GM chat

well I personally think everyone is entitled to drive whatever they want though Fords are the best

Just wondered if anyone else has been watching the stock market recently.. several times Ford stock has surpassed GM as per share value and currently Ford stock is Double or more what GM stock is.. Just sold my Ford stock cuz needed the money. However its pretty cool as Ford has never sold for more that GM in the past as far as I am aware...
If you missed the latest news, Pontiac and GMC are now on the chopping block as GM works their Bankruptcy and restructuring deals...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 08:39 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Personally I think that all the mfgs should get back to their roots. I mean cut all sub divisions and sell only under their primary name.

I know that sounds harsh but this multi choice options that they have given us under the same corperation but different logos is insane.

I do some work at a meat processing plant and they own 60+ hot dog labels. I thought a hot dog was a hot dog!? That's what their parent corp does is goes and buys labels and shut them down.

Now with chrysler that's another story and I am not going to go there

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 09:06 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

the only chrysler brand I would like to see stick around is Jeep.... Furthermore its got a great history and could probably easily find a buyer for the nameplate... I agree the rebranding thing has always seemed pointless to me..
Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 09:57 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I guess they need to find a happy medium between the grocery store mentality(the shelves are always full and choices) or order only with limited production runs(the dealers would only carry "show room models")

I know that dealers would have to make and get deals together if they went to a primary label sales. We still have a stand alone lincoln/mercury dealer in our area and also a saturn/hummer/pontiac/cadillac. Yah the last guy is really scrambling right now knowing all three gm badges are on the chopping block.

Lars

Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 10:04 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Hummer is/was the total mid-life crisis guy brand.....
I am hoping when GM and/or Chrysler does its Bankruptcy announcement that Ford stock will take a dive.. At which time I will buy more of it if I have any money... better return that in my savings account that's for sure...
Old Fri, April 17th, 2009, 10:28 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I also think that ford had seen the "writing on the wall" much earlier than gm was able to.

Sorry to say this, they the mfgs need to go through everything and get rid of the fat and dead weight.
Streamlined mfgs will be better abled to with stand any downturns in the future.

Good lord they need to do something about their bonus structoring also.
Can't someone just say "good job" and give the guy a pat on the back?

Lars

Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Double Whopper

dlmcbm is on a distinguished road

After being an auto mechanic for over 15 years and working on all makes and models I feel that they are all JUNK. Every last one of them. Just that some junk is better then others. why should it take 7hrs to replace an alt. on a newer monte-carlo with a 3.4 in it? Even if you want to get to fords (wich i love) why do dealers pull cabs off or even bodies off to do head gaskets on 6.0L? Why do they have to build these things the ways that they do besides to "TRY" and get you to go to the dealer to get it fixed. It does nothing but drives up the cost of repairs and tools that people like me have to buy. What was wrong with the standard socket? Now bolt heads have to have a new shape every year.

Ill stop ranting and raving now. I could go on and on.

2001 F-350 crew cab 4X4
DIY napa air filter
4" turbo back exhaust
PHP flip chip--- stock,fuel sipper, 100hp, 140hp
Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 03:53 PM
American Muscle

dplummer87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmcbm View Post
After being an auto mechanic for over 15 years and working on all makes and models I feel that they are all JUNK. Every last one of them. Just that some junk is better then others. why should it take 7hrs to replace an alt. on a newer monte-carlo with a 3.4 in it? Even if you want to get to fords (wich i love) why do dealers pull cabs off or even bodies off to do head gaskets on 6.0L? Why do they have to build these things the ways that they do besides to "TRY" and get you to go to the dealer to get it fixed. It does nothing but drives up the cost of repairs and tools that people like me have to buy. What was wrong with the standard socket? Now bolt heads have to have a new shape every year.

Ill stop ranting and raving now. I could go on and on.
I dont think all the new cars today are junk, i think their Lego toys...They all snap apart and snap back together...just like when we were kids...If you think im wrong...all of you have never installed you pad mount
Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Here's one for you mechanics. On the 5.4 04-08 f150's the altenater sits top dead center. Remember this. On the newer v8 cadillacs the starter sits in the same position except on the back side of the motor underneath the whole intake plenum assembly. Nice piece of engineering for you mechanics out there.

Lars

Old Tue, April 21st, 2009, 10:00 PM
Double Whopper

dlmcbm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Here's one for you mechanics. On the 5.4 04-08 f150's the altenater sits top dead center. Remember this. On the newer v8 cadillacs the starter sits in the same position except on the back side of the motor underneath the whole intake plenum assembly. Nice piece of engineering for you mechanics out there.

Lars
YUP done a few of those. Same car...have to pull trans out to get exhaust cross-over pipe out to get oil pan off. and every one of them leaks.

another same car.....replace head gaskets...torque head bolts and you will pull the threads out of the aluminum block.

and this is a $50,000 car

2001 F-350 crew cab 4X4
DIY napa air filter
4" turbo back exhaust
PHP flip chip--- stock,fuel sipper, 100hp, 140hp
Closed Thread