Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

2008 to 2010 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty

Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Big J

jasfaa is on a distinguished road
Default hesitation

Bill,

I am not sure this is PHP related or a fuel issue. I have not driven my truck for about 3 weeks and did so today. Twice when I gave it more fuel it stuttered in the 30 to 35 PSI boost range. I am on the stock #2 setting for econ. Any thoughts would be great. I also just replaced filters about 2 weeks prior to parking it.
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quick question (Bill will ask it anyway, so at least the answer will be here when he logs on later!)... has it ever happened before today?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Big J

It has not happened and quite frankly I am not sure if it is a stutter in the engine or tranny because it has only happened twice but it is definitely a power loss in one of the two. I have been meaning to give you guys a call and ask some questions including the tranny/engine tune combination but the holidays were here and I broke my ankle on top of it (why it has not been driven). Hope that helps and I look forward to any thoughts.
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Big J

Well, I drove it a bit today and it did not do it again. I am wondering if was a fuel related issue. We had some nasty weather for the past few weeks so I am hoping that was it. I was going to try to call today but I got my hard cast off and was in too much pain to call when I got home. I also just noticed you guys are closed for calls on Fridays so I will have to try you in a few weeks when I get back from DC. I am still leaning that this is not a Gryphon issue but thought I would ask anyway
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

No worries. Sorry to hear about your foot. That's really gotta suck! :ouch: Hope they at least gave you some good meds.

Keep us up to date. If it does it again, let me know and I'll be happy to take a look at the situation.

Rest easy and have a safe trip to DC.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Big J

yes they gave me great medication. I laughed when I saw the amount they gave me a week ago because i said to myself that there is no way I am going through 75 pills in a week. Well, I got my prescription refilled this morning.

I will call you in a few weeks and obviously if the stutter happens again.
Old Sat, May 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Whopper Junior

kyle82 is on a distinguished road

did you change gas? mine had the same trouble but i changed gas.. would there be any trouble regarding this.. i downgraded the gas and i hope that ddnt damage anything in the engine.. wow..
Old Sun, May 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Big J

I am not sure how to answer this.

I only have two choices, diesel and biodiesel, and I won't put biodiesel into my truck due to the warranty stuff.

The hesitation was a glitch in the tranny programming which has been fixed.