Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 1997 to 2003 F-150

1997 to 2003 F-150 4.2L, 4.6L, and 5.4L equipped F-150s

Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Whopper

haten'chevs is on a distinguished road
Default CS screen went black

So my CS screen went black today- SO NOW what?? Cant return it to stock config or anything. I got it right about the first of the year so I had hoped it would be a little better then this.
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

First, unplug and reconnect the programmer. It's possible it just locked up and needs a kickstart.

Second, do any of the buttons illuminate and can you hear any beeping when you press the buttons? If not, check your fuses for the cigarette lighter. This powers the OBDII port as well.

Finally, if the device appears to be functioning then you might try using a flashlight to "backlight" the display. This will often help to at least return the vehicle back to stock before sending the unit in for repair. Edge has been aware of the issue with the backlight and has made a firmware change to help correct the issue, but sometimes the updates get overlooked. If you are not able to return the vehicle back to stock, it's not a significant issue as the replaced/repaired programmer will (semi) automatically restore the ECM during the first programming session.

Let me know where you end up with the fuse/reboot situation.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Whopper

The buttons light and I can hear the beeps-

I tried a restart and I tried the unplug plug in twice- to no avail.

So If I get it back to stock- how do I get the upgrades? If I hook to fusion doesn't that wipe out my PHP tunes??

Bill I also sent you a email about the troubles I'm still have on the bottom end even with the tunes- I see you are labled as gone till monday on the site.
Old Thu, July 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Once the device is repaired, we can reload the custom tunes on the new device. Not a big deal. You will have to contact Edge and get an RMA to send them the device to be repaired. After the device is returned back to you, we can recover the vehicle and then reload the custom tunes. If your having difficulty with the tunes, we can correct that at the same time.

You can reach Edge at (888) 360-3343 from 8:00am to 5:00pm MT and speak to tech support to get an RMA and shipping instructions.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Mon, August 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Whopper

Bill can I get you give me a call or email me- I got it back and it wont talk to my pickup now. I need to get it back to stock so I can trouble shoot it for the problems I'm having- which we may have to change my tune. I've tried to call a few times now and cant get ahold of you.

Thanks

Rob