Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Thu, April 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road
Default Bought a Gryphon FICM programmer, have Q?

I bought the Gryphon FICM programmer a couple weeks ago, freaking awsome!!

Any who........ I would like to know if I were to return my FICM back to stock program, can I use the Gyphon to program a different truck?

If yes, is it like the SCT and use up any sorts of "unlocks"?

In other words, can the Gryphon FICM programmer be used as many times as I want on many different trucks, as long as I return the programming back to stock FICM tune.

We have a guy that just installed Industrial Inject compounds with 190's, I wanted to give him a taste of what a FICM tune can do for his set-up.

Thanks, Rich
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Fri, April 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

No, you have to purchase another unlock, to do an additional truck. However you can do this all over the phone.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Fri, April 6th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
No, you have to purchase another unlock, to do an additional truck. However you can do this all over the phone.
I'm not talking about the remote Gryphon FICM programmer, the one I have is the one you buy and keep to use as many times as you want.

I had asked Bill a similar question, and was trying to confirm what he said, he never mentioned anything about buying another unlock on this particular Gryphon tuner. Read post #66 and Bill's Reply on post #67.

Huge gains from FICM ONLY tune! - Page 5 - Diesel Bombers
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Sun, April 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
I'm not talking about the remote Gryphon FICM programmer, the one I have is the one you buy and keep to use as many times as you want.

I had asked Bill a similar question, and was trying to confirm what he said, he never mentioned anything about buying another unlock on this particular Gryphon tuner. Read post #66 and Bill's Reply on post #67.

Huge gains from FICM ONLY tune! - Page 5 - Diesel Bombers
I'm talking about the same ficm programmer you are. I have one, you have to buy an additional unlock if you want to do another truck. You can change your FICM program around to your hearts desire. But the programmer will use another unlock if you program a ficm on a truck that did'nt already have a PHP FICM tune on it. The FICM programer can tell the difference in a PHP tuned FICM and a non PHP tuned FICM.
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Whopper

Well that kinda sucks. Sure would of been nice for others to "try before you buy". I would think if other local 6.0 owners could try it first to see the benefits of a FICM tune.

All well, thanks! Rich
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

OK, I asked Bill about it, yes you CAN program someone else, but you have to return yours to STOCK, just like you said. I'm sorry about the confusion. I never noticed the "stock" setting before, LOL the thought of going back to stock never crossed my mind.
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Whopper

That's better!! Thanks!! I agree, stock sucks!! LOL!!

Well that's good news!! I'm gonna let some locals get a taste of the FICM tunes.
Old Mon, April 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Whopper

ebusa is on a distinguished road

Both and friend and I filled out the form and ordered our FICM Gryphon programmers on Friday of last week.

Still no repsonse from PHP as far as order status, aknowledgement or anything. Phones say they are closed and won't allow leaving a message.
5'' Tuff Country Lift
Toyo MT's 35's with Race Line Renegade 20's
ARP Studs, EGR Cooler Delete, Coolant Filter
MBRP 4'' Exhaust Turbo back, No Cat
SCT SF3, Strat VXCF9DA , Tuned by Everyone
PHP FICM Tuner
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...013-0814-2.jpg

Last edited by ebusa; Mon, April 9th, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusa View Post
Both and friend and I filled out the form and ordered our FICM Gryphon programmers on Friday of last week.

Still no repsonse from PHP as far as order status, aknowledgement or anything. Phones say they are closed and won't allow leaving a message.
The website shows they were closed March 26-30, then throw in Easter Holiday for last week, then people also take off for the weekend to spend with their families. IIRC, they process the orders in the order they were received.

When I placed my order thru the website, it took a week to get a confirmation email with tracking number, after that the programmer was at my door in 3 days.

I hope this make you feel better.
Old Tue, April 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Whopper

ebusa is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I feel good now especially since it shipped today!!
5'' Tuff Country Lift
Toyo MT's 35's with Race Line Renegade 20's
ARP Studs, EGR Cooler Delete, Coolant Filter
MBRP 4'' Exhaust Turbo back, No Cat
SCT SF3, Strat VXCF9DA , Tuned by Everyone
PHP FICM Tuner
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...013-0814-2.jpg