Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Whopper Junior

ellis4pa is on a distinguished road
Default Ordered a gryphon!

Hey guys, got a question,

Now obviously this was my mistake, but what happened was I ended up ordering a Gryphon instead of a Gryphon CS.
I have a '04 5.4L, and plan on getting custom tunes, did I screw up pretty big, or does the Gryphon have the same functionality as the CS?
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I actually think the monochrome gryphon has more end user functionality than the CS....but that my opinion

if you want the CS I can leave a note for Corey....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Whopper Junior

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure i was still going to be able to get custom tunes with it. I'll be happy with the monochrome one it was my first choice, but i planned on ordering the CS so i could get the custom tunes, and well after an 18 hr shift i didn't order what i thought, LOL.
But if custom tunes are not available for the monochrome one i ordered, then yes i would like to change my order, if they are available then I will keep the one I ordered.

Thanks again!
Brett
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

The monochrome can do custom tunes just fine, in fact up until not too long ago it was the only option to have custom tunes and a display in the same package. I'm sure it will work perfectly with whatever custom tunes you order.
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis4pa View Post
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure i was still going to be able to get custom tunes with it. I'll be happy with the monochrome one it was my first choice, but i planned on ordering the CS so i could get the custom tunes, and well after an 18 hr shift i didn't order what i thought, LOL.
But if custom tunes are not available for the monochrome one i ordered, then yes i would like to change my order, if they are available then I will keep the one I ordered.

Thanks again!
Brett
you'll be ok to get custom tunes with either programmer....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, May 30th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Whopper Junior

One more question for you guys,
what mods can i do while I wait for my custome tunes? I'm under the impression that i cannot have my exhaust done before because of a run lean issue, but can I install an underdrive pulley and electric fans without an issue, and with these two mods together should I upgrade my alternator?