Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar > BETA Test Group - Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Old Thu, November 19th, 2020, 02:16 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Clap Hardware kits shipped today!

To all our BETA testers. We've started shipping out the kits today and they should start showing up early next week depending on where you live. We will be emailing you the link for the Orion software installer either Monday or Tuesday.

In order to install and use the software, you'll need a PC (Windows ) based laptop. The software will not work on a Mac, Chromebook, or Windows based tablet device.

If you have any comments, suggestions, questions, concerns, or issues with the hardware or software, please post them up here. This way other testers can be involved, offer suggestions, or help verify and/or offer assistance in resolving any possible problems. It also helps us keep a historical log of things as they progress.

Also, if you have an emergency outside of our normal business hours (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, EST), you may reach us after hours directly at (678) 890-7001 and we can work with you to immediately resolve any issues.

Very excited to have y'all on board and look forward to working with you to develop some good feedback.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, November 25th, 2020, 07:38 AM
Bus Geek

cadillackid is on a distinguished road

received mine yesterday! I picked out a route that involes a little freeway driving and some in town.. a mild downhill and a mild uphill. this is about a 20 minute drive round trip. Currently my engine is sert for the 250 HP rating and EFRC using the god-mode service-maxx. Ill make the drive this way first and take video of the digital gauges and watch my EGTs.. I pretty much know how the bus will act as ive driven this many times but I want to record it.

Next I'll set the ECM back to the factory 190 HP EFRC and rating and drive it again. taking video..

the idea beiung to get some baselines for the vitals and also the fuel Gallons per hour consumed as reported by the computer.

the engine is completely stock still. we wont muddy up the waters with the bigger injectors just yet. it has stock AD. andrhe stock GTP38 turbo with 1.0AR exhaust and compressor housings. no EBPV.

here we go!!!

I could also use the trip function of servicemaxx and let it record even more data if that is something beneficial. I have a 'Y' cable so I can run the Orion and the servicemaxx at the same time unless they yell at each other on the Network. I dont yet know what MID your tool comes up as.

you can let me know if running both is a volatile combo or not.

-Christopher
Old Wed, November 25th, 2020, 09:02 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Christopher,

Sounds good! Excited to get some real-world feedback before we get really hard into calibration testing.

The MID of our application is actually software controlled, so I don't think it would be too difficult to change it. It's currently set to perform as a standard Off-Board Diagnostics Tool #1(MID 0xAC), but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be configured to run as Off-Board Diagnostics Tool #2 (MID 0xB4). It'll take a good amount of code change since everything is hard coded in the software, but it is certainly possible. We can set it up as a configurable value so that it can be changed by the end user if needed. I'll look at that and see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, I've had a little delay in getting the installer completed. We changed our network hosting last week and I have been buried since Thursday trying to get everything working. Our e-mails were jacked up, the DNS and Nameservers were pointing God knows where, and it's been a nightmare. It looks like we finally got everything straight yesterday, DNS propagation looks good, and we're actually getting e-mails now!

I'm working through a couple small issues and 2 invoices today, and then I can finish up the Orion installer. I won't have the code changed for MID variability, but it'll at least be a place to start.

Very excited!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Wed, November 25th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Bus Geek

cadillackid is on a distinguished road

glad im not the only one who had DNS issues this week.. somehow all my DNS A records got pointed to another place... actually they got delegated to a new provider without me knowing.. grrrr..

Servicemaxx may very well fail back to MID 180 if something else claims 172 on the network. its not a big deal as I believe i can snag most of the engine info I need from the J1939 .. my engine has both J1708 and J1939. definitely not a reason to rewrite the code in the orion right now.
Old Wed, November 25th, 2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Servicemaxx may very well fail back to MID 180 if something else claims 172 on the network. its not a big deal as I believe i can snag most of the engine info I need from the J1939 .. my engine has both J1708 and J1939. definitely not a reason to rewrite the code in the orion right now.
It's not a big deal, and I actually like the idea of specifying a particular ID in case there are other devices on the system that need ID 172 (0xAC). It will definitely be included in a later revision.

Good luck getting your DNS straight! I found a fun web utility... https://www.whatsmydns.net/... which checks your global DNS propagation. Also, https://tools.dnsstuff.com/ was another helpful utility.

Take care and will chat with you soon. Holler if you need anything.

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, November 25th, 2020, 02:51 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

RamRod4 is on a distinguished road

Got mine in the mail today. I called and left a message for you about software and then saw this thread after. You can disregard my call. Excited to get the software and log some data.
Old Sun, December 20th, 2020, 03:01 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

Brad SwiftFur is on a distinguished road

I'm a little late to the forum, but here I am!
My hardware came a few weeks ago with no issues. For reasons unknown, I did not get the first email but a follow up call from Bill later (and a re-sent email) I got the link. I began following the instructions, which not specify where to get the USB driver files (I found them on the downloads page with no trouble). One quick and problem free install later, I was in business.
I went out today and connected everything up as recommended, key off, and opened the software. It took me a moment to realize I needed to cycle the key on-off-on somewhat quickly for the software to talk to the ECM. As advised, the software downloaded the original settings, which I saved in my Documents folder (I have saved copies on a flash drive, my desktop computer, and emailed a copy to myself.) I am considering this a critical file that if lost, could render my bus into a very large and expensive lawn ornament.
Somewhere along the way, the program froze for a moment (I'm not sure if this was a software issue or just my Windows lagging some), but after a moment it continued on with no other problems.
While I was at it, I have need needing to reset the "Change Oil" light, so I went ahead and did this. Other parameters didn't need any changing so I left them alone. Since there was nothing else I could do, I closed the software, disconnected everything and came in to backup and email the file.
I was curious and opened the file in notepad - it looked like something written in Mandarin. Needless to say, I left it alone and closed it.

Over the last few weeks I have been keeping a running average of my fuel economy in mixed rural/highway driving, getting in the 9.5-10.5 range. I find my bus cruises comfortably at 65, it'll maintain 70 or so if I mash on it and tops out around 75-78 if I get a bit of a downhill. FWIW my bus is a shorty with a 5 speed manual, 3.91 gears and 10R22.5 tires, weighs 14,180 pounds (with chubby driver).

Tags
beta, navistar, orion, reflash, system