Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Fri, July 22nd, 2011, 10:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Very sweet truck, bud! You've got a real winner there.

Couldn't have done it without you!
Old Sat, July 23rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

That's a good looking ride there bud
You really made a nice truck out of it
Old Sat, July 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The only other things that bother me are the small dings along the lower edge of the right front fender and door and the missing paint along the bottom edge of the truck. The combination of the truck being driven on a dirt road and the de-icing methods used by South Dakota D.O.T. didn't do this truck any favors for the paint. I'll repaint it at some point with some racing stripes (likely the same color blue as the '95) but for now, it is what it is.

Other than that, this thread is done for the time being.

Thanks for looking!
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 09:43 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Well, it was inevitable.

Push enough power through a stock transmission and it's going to start slipping.

3rd and 4th don't hold 400 HP anymore (obviously no problems while driving sanely). Looks like I'm running the daily driver program until I can't stand the thought of having a half-dead transmission lurking in the back of my mind.

Such is life.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Old Wed, July 27th, 2011, 11:17 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. How does that saying go?

"If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is..."

At least you know it's not hard to yank the tranny on that. You can have it out in less than an hour.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

If it ain't one thing it's two
Good luck with the trans bud
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

It was bound to happen. Basically putting in another 7.3L running in tandem with the original (doubling the power) isn't really transmission friendly.

A couple Benjamins for a kit and I'll be on my way again. I wonder if I should replace the flexplate while I'm there?

I'll continue to drive it though. I would hate to walk as far as that transmission will still go with normal usage.

When it starts having a problem in this power level, I'll yank it and re-clutch it.
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Whopper

qtrhors is on a distinguished road

Hey Cody

That is exactly why Im afraid of cranking the power up I run an old superchips 60hp/115lftb program. I know there are much better programs out there now but my 30 ft 5th wheel wont drive itself to the campground...So call me paranoid

Your "2 wheeler" looks great. Are you in GA or MT now?

Tim
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Cody, are you using spacers with those wheels?
Old Thu, July 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtrhors View Post
Hey Cody

That is exactly why Im afraid of cranking the power up I run an old superchips 60hp/115lftb program. I know there are much better programs out there now but my 30 ft 5th wheel wont drive itself to the campground...So call me paranoid

Your "2 wheeler" looks great. Are you in GA or MT now?

Tim
Really, I knew going to larger injectors was going to cause me fits. If I had stuck with 300 HP, I probably could put another 100K on the transmission with no hint of slippage. You gotta pay to play in any kind of hobby and it just so happens that I found the next weakest link. 400 HP really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things (I am small-time in this industry which is fine with me) and I think this stock transmission has held up just fine considering that it's been the proverbial "village bicycle" for the last month and really hasn't been babied since I left GA.

Don't downplay your Superchips programmer a bit. Those programs were simple, safe, and they work great. I prefer those tunes over quite a few others that I've tried.

I'm just an hour west of you right now.