Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, April 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road

On top of the cold test I did this morning, I also did an operating temperature test just before getting in to work, same temp outside, it ran a 9.7 second 0-60. Seems like perhaps I am losing some power once it reaches operating temps. What could cause that if that were the case?
Old Sat, May 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Bacon King

cajunboy2208 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualSeanX View Post
I look into the connections you mentioned for sure. Could you give me some more information on it? What exactly makes it worth the extra $100? What does it do exactly?
Item#:
28-1812S
Notes:

Manufacturer Info:
Granatelli
DESCRIPTION:

LFP HIGH OUTPUT Coil On Plug Connectors (3 Valve)
The LFP High Output solid stainless connector cables Coil-on-Plug connectors features a 3/16 solid stainless steel core, 500 degree Silicone Spark Plug Boots and an unheard of -0- Ohm resistance per foot. This patent pending technology has less RFi/Emi interference than O.E. and allows full coil power to reach the spark plugs. In house and independent Dyno-tests and long term road tests have shown various horsepower increases, improved acceleration and smoother idle that results in an overall better performing vehicle. The kit provides a custom tailored fit and is easily installed in less than 1 hour with basic hand tools.

Tested & Proven on our personal Mustangs for over 13 Months
Fits 2004-2007 3 Valve Modular Motors
Direct OEM replacement, won't void your factory warranty
Improves mileage and throttle response
Patented* design feature improves spark, 0 ohms of resistance, no radio interference
Includes all necessary hardware
Old Sat, May 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Bacon King

cajunboy2208 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualSeanX View Post
On top of the cold test I did this morning, I also did an operating temperature test just before getting in to work, same temp outside, it ran a 9.7 second 0-60. Seems like perhaps I am losing some power once it reaches operating temps. What could cause that if that were the case?
What exactly are your "normal" operating temps?

Of course you will run better when its cooler outside and the engine is cooler, but it shouldn't net almost a whole second difference... something is definitely up
Old Tue, August 21st, 2012, 09:31 PM
Double Whopper

Just updated to 3.2 on my cs to get the datalog feature in the hopes I can solve my sluggish 0-60 speeds. Since I last posted nothing has changed with the dog slow times, so I'm really hoping this datalog will help them help me diagnose my trucks issues.

Can anyone use this information to help me? Thanks for the help sorry for the lack of posts, just nothing had changed so I figured Id wait until I did something to help. I'm not sure how to even use it it's updating while I'm at the bar. Thanks for any insight.
Old Tue, August 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

This is the absolute first time I've heard of datalogging on the CS/CTS platform. Can you provide a list of monitoring options, how many can be monitored at a time, how you are able to view them and if you are able to convert them to a spread sheet type format like excel?
Old Wed, August 22nd, 2012, 02:19 AM
Double Whopper

I could be wrong, but I received an email about it today. This is the email:

Data Logging now available with the new software update for the CS and CTS line of products.

The newest software version for the Edge Products CS and CTS platform is now available through Edge’s Fusion internet update tool! This new version adds amazing new Data Logging features that will allow you to log and graph data so that you can truly understand your vehicle’s performance. The all-new software will also enable an Insight CS and CTS product to control Smarty’s Power-On-Demand feature. You can now adjust the Smarty Power-On-Demand feature with the touch of a button!

DATA LOGGING SOFTWARE

Fine tune your runs on the track, or prolong the life of your tow vehicle by identifying "out of range" parameters. The CS/CTS Data Logging feature can show you crucial data to help you identify the “sweet spots” as well as potential problems with your driving experience. Shaving a few tenths of a second off your race time, or running a few degrees cooler makes all the difference. The data logging feature allows for a comprehensive, accurate picture of the vehicle’s condition, such as temperatures, pressures, speed, and more!

- Store up to 10 unique logs at a time
- Log hours of data
- View and graph logs on your PC using the new MyStyle Software
- View all parameters or pick which ones you want to view

To download the release flyer click here!

Make your Smarty Smarter with the new software update for the Insight CS and CTS products.

CONTROL SMARTY’S POWER-ON-DEMAND FEATURE USING YOUR EDGE INSIGHT!

Your Dodge is tuned with Smarty, but how are you monitoring your vital engine parameters? Tuning your Dodge and not running an Insight monitor is like taking a knife to a gun fight. The Edge Insight beats any analog gauge system or other digital monitors hands down when it comes to features, monitoring, and maintenance. With our new software update, Smarty users can now control their Power-On-Demand from the Insight monitor. You have a lot of money invested in your Dodge and you deserve the best. You deserve Edge!

- Use the Insight to change the Power-On-Demand settings of your Smarty programmer with a touch of a button
- If your truck is tuned by Smarty, simply connect the Insight to your OBDII (diagnostic) port and control the Smarty Power-on-Demand tuning that was loaded into your trucks computer!

To download the release flyer click here!
Down load the full release flyer PDF

Sincerely,

The Edge Team

OTHER NEWS
Follow Us Online

Do you want more real time news from Edge? Become a fan on our Facebook page and check out cool videos on YouTube and Streetfire.

Hope that helps, I have yet to use this update, as it's still in the process (computer went to sleep while I was gone). I'll keep you up to date as I find out more.
Old Wed, August 22nd, 2012, 02:20 AM
Double Whopper

The release flyer isn't really more insightful either.
Old Wed, August 22nd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Double Whopper

I can confirm that there is a datalog in the CS/CTS with this new update as stated by my email. I'll go for a drive tomorrow and run the datalog, upload it on the computer and see about posting the results so you may see what it can do and maybe give me a hand if you see a problem!
Old Wed, August 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

That is really cool, I definitely want a list and some pictures now.

WARNING TO ANYONE READING THIS, UPDATING FOR THIS NEW FEATURE WILL MOST LIKELY ERASE CUSTOM TUNES!

Gotta make it obvious for people who only skim threads otherwise we'll have another 3.0 catastrophe.
Old Wed, August 22nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Double Whopper

It does delete your custom tunes. I knew it would, but that datalog feature was too tempting to pass up, I hope Bill is able to get my tunes back up and running shortly, I didn't think about it really and just did it.

Any idea if it'll be difficult to get the tunes back? Probably should have waited but thinking before I leap isn't my strong suit sometimes.

I'll head out and get the datalog rolling and see about getting the info for you.