Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Whopper

MyMuddyTruck is on a distinguished road
Default Question

I have an 07 f150 5.4 4X4 with cai and e-fans. The only other mods I want to do are the programmer and the exhaust. Problem, I am on a fixed income, disabled law enforcement. I want to get the programmer now but then I wont be able to get the exhaust for at least 7-8 months. If I get the programmer now with the custom tunes, will I need new tunes when I get the exhaust? How much difference will the exhaust actually make? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 10:06 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

There are only a few exhaust mods that might effect the tune. Bill could talk to you about those. In general, adding an exhaust mod does not require retuning at all, and, according to several discussions I've read, most exhaust mods have very little effect on performance too. About all many of them seem to do is change the sound.

I'd say get the programmer now. It WILL change performance (for the better) and will probably save you a few pennies in fuel costs - although the payback time is pretty long. Still, if you're committed to shelling out the bucks for one or the other of these mods, the programmer's the one I'd go for.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
There are only a few exhaust mods that might effect the tune. Bill could talk to you about those. In general, adding an exhaust mod does not require retuning at all, and, according to several discussions I've read, most exhaust mods have very little effect on performance too. About all many of them seem to do is change the sound.

I'd say get the programmer now. It WILL change performance (for the better) and will probably save you a few pennies in fuel costs - although the payback time is pretty long. Still, if you're committed to shelling out the bucks for one or the other of these mods, the programmer's the one I'd go for.

- Jack
Jack does a good job doesn't he!

Adding to Jack's post. As I understand if you go cat back only on the exhaust the customs should not need any mods. Its when the long tube headers, cat elimination, high flow cats and or true duals (any combiation of these) are installed the the custom tunes may need work. But talk to Bill.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Ditto, I told bill I was going to true dual, high flow or no cat my truck before I ordered tunes, he told me to wait until I was done "playing" with my exhaust. You'd be find if you're just swapping mufflers or doing a cat back and keeping your Y.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Thu, April 16th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Whopper

MyMuddyTruck is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone for all the info. I will be ordering my Gryphon.