Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, February 15th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Double Whopper

jmwilso2 is on a distinguished road

I really like the dynatech headers and borla mufflers Ive got on mine. I basically bought the headers and a borla cat back and made a deal with the exhaust shop for them to trade me the single in dual out muffler it came with for a single in single out and then bought a second one. They used the catback parts to avoid doing a bunch of custom bending over the rear axle so all they had to do way run a two pipes back there with an x pipe between them and weld everything up. Sounds great. You can hear it when you get on it but its nice and quiet at cruise. My brother has a magnaflow cat back on his dodge and mine is quieter at cruise even though ive got real duals and headers. I'm glad I spent the extra money on the borlas. I was worried I was just paying for the name but I think they actually live up to their reputation.

Joe

07 F150 4x4 Super Cab Long box. 5.4L, Gotts mod, Flex-a-lite Monster efan, Dynatech long tube headers, true dual exhaust with x pipe and Borla mufflers, and of course the Gryphon. Bushwhacker extend a fender flares, Tech tube wheel to wheel step bars, Piaa HID Shock Lamp moose spotting lights. Morimoto projector retrofit with 55W HIDs.
Old Fri, February 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flats1 View Post
Ok I need some help with my truck. My cats on my 2005 4x4 f150 5.4 are clogged. I was wanting to buy a whole new exhaust kit from the manifolds back but nobody sells a kit like that. Does anybody know if there are aftermarket cats that would work with this truck? Also I was considering cutting the cats of since they are so expensive to replace has anybody done that with this truck? Was there any affects to the truck after doing so? I know there would be a check engine light but can i get my edge custom tuned by gryphon to take care of that? Thanks for any help.
How did your truck act when the cat was clogged? Hesitation, jerky, and intake backfire? The reason I ask is my truck is not throwing codes by the check engine light flashed a 4 times. Ford said it could be clogged cats or a dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor. Or possibly the wrong spark plug from Auto Zone. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!
Old Thu, February 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Whopper

Flats1 is on a distinguished road

I have a little over 80k miles on the truck. 88Racing My injectors went out and I had to replace them. I did it my self but I called the dealer and asked if there was anykind of warrenty on the injectors and he said no. Do you have anymore info on that?

hampsterzone

my truck would not shift under full throttle you could hold it to the floor and it would not shift... But under normal driving it would shift fine. Also it would backfire and spark nock terrible. Also the passenger side exhaust the one that was clogged had hardley any air coming out of it....home this helps some oh and also bad gas milage.