Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri, November 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Whopper Junior

Scarlet is on a distinguished road
Default With hands smacking forehead "I'm so Confused"

Hey all. Yea, I'm no computer geek, that's for sure. I have a 2011 F150 Lariat 4x4 supercrew with the 6.2. I special ordered this truck and love it. For added performance (and fun) I bought, and had installed, a complete StainlessWorks exhaust system. It has the long tube headers, high flow cats, X-pipe, and duals with chambered mufflers. Then I modified the air intake with a Volant intake tube, cut open the airbox and put in a K+N filter. But now I need to add a "programer" or "tuner" I guess they are called nowadays. But I have no idea what to get or where to go. The more I research, the more confused I get. I have no experiance with this kind of stuff. And compounding the problem is that I have the 6.2. I usually have to order stuff for my truck as a "Raptor". I was hoping that coming to this website might answer some questions. But, after reading a bit, I'm more confused than ever. Reading about dowloading this or uploading that, or be careful because somthing can be erased......Frankly, it scares me. I thought one of these tuners that can be plugged in with a display on the dash would be pretty cool, but now I'm not sure. In the old days you just plugged in "a chip" and that was it. I have a hard time with my cell phone I would like to add a "tuner", and in fact I need to. After towing my Polaris Ranger around in the trailer a few times, I can tell the truck is running rich. Inside of the exhaust pipes get black after the trip. And just every day driving I can tell that the throttle response isn't there. And I think that's directly due to the exhaust system being opened up. So....................Any suggestions? Anyone?