Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, April 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I hate it when things are that tight - I'm always worried I'm going to break something. (Or, am I turning it the wrong way? Is this one of those "Left-Hand" thread applications?)

- Jack
Nope I was loosening it the rightway according to the tech book. Was going to use 2 36" pipe wrenches but both the jaws together were to wide. No i'm trying to be careful to not wreck anything. I just don't like to explain broken things to the wife. Because I get the why were you messing around with it in the first place speech and it goes on from there.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Tue, April 7th, 2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old Tue, April 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I just don't like to explain broken things to the wife. Because I get the why were you messing around with it in in the first place speech and it goes on from there.

Lars
We have more and more in common EVERY day!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Default Guess What?

Finally got them installed.
First impressions:
Normal was 14.2-14.4 volts
Now is 14.1-14.3 volts
Temp really never changed.

Only took the tech and I about 40 minutes.

One thing to anyone. Take the cam positioning sensor plugs off. We nicked the drivers side one taking the shroud out.

Belt fit perfectly!

Lars

Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Cool, Lars - Looks like you won't have to fiddle with the idle RPM for battery charging (or were those voltage readings at "cruise" RPM)? If so, then at idle with lights and accessories on, you could be at a pretty low charging voltage.

I'll be interested to know if you can "feel" any power increase and if you see any gas mileage increase. Let us know!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Ok I will add this with everything normal and at idle now and I turn the parks on or apply brake it drops to 13.7 then come back up in 2 or 3 seconds to 14.2. Turn the headlights on and it goes down to 13.5-13.6 and recovers to 14.1.

Its about 55 today and the cht was at about 201-204 cruising at about 70 mph. Came home and it stayed at 200 sitting for 15 min in the driveway.

And of course you do a mod and either its percipitating or you're sick. Its just down pouring right now. Even w/o customs and running at stock, it felt like it had a little more pep.

Lars

Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Those numbers all sound fine to me, and I'm sure you think so too. Too bad you don't live down here. It's 96 degrees out, the sun's shining, slight breeze out of the west.... This is pretty much what you get, mods or not!

- Jack
Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 04:44 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I thought for $30 it was well worth the tech doing the procedure and having "all" tools available. I paid it eventhough I work there and the owner said I didn't have to. It was pretty slow today due to the rain.

Lars

Old Fri, May 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Whopper

MyMuddyTruck is on a distinguished road

Heres a pretty good price for the e-fans and udp from troyer.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/gro...-purchase.html
Old Mon, May 11th, 2009, 07:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Ok quick ?

What's the min volt needed on these trucks when running?

The only reason I ask is on saturday I was going through a car wash and noticed the voltage dropped to 12.7. Truck was in drive and head lights were on and I was idling out during the "dry" cycle. Rpms? Didn't have this pid on. Cht was at 205.

Lars

Old Mon, May 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
PHP Groupie

12.7 sounds low to me. I think I'm always above 13, even in idle with the lights on. You MAY want to raise your idle a bit - maybe 50 rpms or so?

I don't suppose the car wash got the pulleys and belt wet, so they were slipping? I know on my Honda, this can happen when I go through a deep water puddle.

- Jack