Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Bacon King

DarrenWS6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Here's magnaflows web site:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ayproducts.asp
Heres a roush kit:
Roush Performance - JEGS High Performance
By DarrenWS6:
For a cat-back swap only, I also would suggest the Roush Off-Road. I still wish I had gone with it. The best performing exhaust is a 3" single for these trucks, with a 3" single tailpipe or dual 2.5" tailpipes.

One of the absolute best set=ups would the the Dynatech LT setup with Magnaflow hi-flow cats and Y pipe ( avail. as kit for $1400 from Troyer ) to a 3" single exhaust with a straight through muffler.

I noticed a little loss when I had my 2.5" true duals done. I had to have the sound though. True duals is not a good performance exhaust unless theres a cam and supercharger to back them up, otherwise stick with 2.25" for better scavenging. I couldn't bark the tires from a WOT punch after I got my exhaust, was able to again when I removed my rear converters, and i'm able to leave a couple black dashes with the Gryphon lol.

In general terms, my suggestion would be run 3" from the Y to a straight through muffler of some type ( Magnaflow, Roush kits, Bassani, Borla.. ) end quote.

Magnaflow probably makes the best kit and or components on the market right now.
Thats pretty sweet you were able to retreive that input because I lost it.

It is true though, but I must correct one thing, I do love my exhaust much more than the Roush cat-back, its much louder, and doesn't pop. Still lost a little low end especially with my Toyo 33s but its still peppy with the Gryphon tune.
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 10:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
Thats pretty sweet you were able to retreive that input because I lost it.

It is true though, but I must correct one thing, I do love my exhaust much more than the Roush cat-back, its much louder, and doesn't pop. Still lost a little low end especially with my Toyo 33s but its still peppy with the Gryphon tune.
Darren,
You are just good at exhaust!
If migdaddy was over here I would have quoted him too!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.