Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Bacon King

UNITY is on a distinguished road

Hey wow! ^ my sig finally decided to show up
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:25 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Holy hell! That looks bada**!

That would be fun as hell in Glamis!

I miss that place, especially around Thanksgiving or New Years!
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Bacon King

Thanks! Yeah, I have never been out there. We have our own dunes here in Pismo but dunes just aren't enough for the truck lol. Makes 17" of front wheel travel and is still 4X4. The rear end has 3.0 tripple bypass shocks waiting here ready to go in when I get the new rear end. The rear of the truck will make 19" with a spring under set up. When I get bored of it and the truck isn't so new I will link the rear end and probably redesign the front end. For now it is more then enough though.
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:41 PM
BROKE

Very nice!

That is one think I have always wanted to do, build a pre-runner style truck.

Someday.
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Bacon King

Yeah, it is one of those things I never thought I would ever do lol. I have always been into racing and drifting. I bought the truck brand new, drove it for a few hundred miles and then got bored.... Now I have a prerunner
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Where are you getting the remote opener things? I've been looking for them and haven't found any yet. I knew someone who could get them but I dont have contact with them anymore.

That is a pretty sweet truck...that reminds me, I need to put my sig back up. I've been wanting to build my own but from the ground up. Planning on a go cart/sand rail design because EVERYTHING would be way cheaper. I can also make it fit on a trailer instead of the hassel of making it street legal.
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Bacon King

You can find them at Jegs or Summit racing. If you do a search for "exhaust cutouts" you will find hundreds

So sad day kinda. I talked to Corey earlier on the phone and she was not sure if Bill would tune the truck because of the supercharger. I guess they are really finicky and it is easy to blow up the engine. I kinda knew that, that was the reason for custom tuning but he is suppose to give me a call tomorrow and discuss if we can do it or not. Now, if he can not is there any other suggestions on tuners? I know Troyer is a good one. I really wanted to use my edge but if I go with any one else I am going to have to buy a SCT
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
BROKE

I put a Rousch kit on a customers truck a while back and they had me send the PCM back to have it re-flashed. Truck ran great, but I felt like there was more left in it.

I also know a guy who had the same kit but used a different company to program it, and was suppose to be bad a**, I will find out later who it was.
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
I put a Rousch kit on a customers truck a while back and they had me send the PCM back to have it re-flashed. Truck ran great, but I felt like there was more left in it.

I also know a guy who had the same kit but used a different company to program it, and was suppose to be bad a**, I will find out later who it was.

Thank you.

I just gave stage3 motorsports a call to see if they could do any thing for me because I basically have there "nightmare upgrade package".

2004-08 F-150 Roush Supercharger Upgrade Kit - Free Shipping

He is going to give me a call back tomorrow also and let me know if they can do it. I hope I do not have to put this thing on a trailer and pull it 500 miles to be tuned... cool thing is I could drive it home
Old Mon, March 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Thanks UNITY. I've been looking for those for months but never got the correct terms to find them.
"exhaust cutout" why didn't I think of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITY View Post
Yeah, it is one of those things I never thought I would ever do lol. I have always been into racing and drifting. I bought the truck brand new, drove it for a few hundred miles and then got bored.... Now I have a prerunner
Something tells me we'd get along just fine. I'll put up a mod list eventually because when I get bored I start making mods...just not as expensive as yours.

You could still sport the totaly awesome PHP stickers that are good for about 20 horsepower.