Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Bacon King

UNITY is on a distinguished road
Default F150 Race radio set up !!!NICE!!!

Hey every one. I was just posting in another thread and thought you guys may be interested in seeing this:

It is my custom (but should be for sale now) race radio set made by Rugged Race Radios out of San Luis Obispo, CA.

If any of you are into off roading, racing, chasing or just communicating with others on those fun group trips then this is a MUST!

In this last picture you can see my hand set mounted but inside those two bags are carbon fiber head sets for when you are off road and need both hands on the wheel. The head sets have DSP which is a form of noise cancellation which will allow me to run open exhaust and still talk to my passengers in the cab (2 more head sets in the back seat) or push my PTT (push to talk) and talk to other vehicles.

Here is a shot of the PTT:

Figured I would share this with you guys If any one is interested give Greg or Matt a call at 1-888-541-7223 or check out there site at: Rugged Radios Racing Communications Products. Radio, Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Radios, Scanners, Mics, Helmets, Harnesses, Cables for Aviation, Off-Road Racing, Drag Race, Circle Track, Fire & Saftey, Motorcycles, SUVs, Pit Crews, Racing Fans - rugg

Greg the owner is a REALLLLY nice person so if you have any questions let him know that you saw my (Eric Stolz) custom dash set up and they can get you set up as well
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Does that use the same band as the CB? I'm guessing no because alot of the radios on that website are 50+ watts. I wish my radio wasn't limited to 4 watts.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 07:57 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Nice setup!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Nice!
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Bacon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Does that use the same band as the CB? I'm guessing no because alot of the radios on that website are 50+ watts. I wish my radio wasn't limited to 4 watts.

Nope, but if you drive by a hardware store that is using walkie talkies like the one down the street you can intercept there shipping yard orders
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITY View Post
Nope, but if you drive by a hardware store that is using walkie talkies like the one down the street you can intercept there shipping yard orders
Haha nice. I hear the orders between some of the stores and their incoming supply trucks though. Like Home Depot, I've listened to them before. I wouldn't mind having one of the radios like yours but nobody else around here has one so it would just be a waste. What kind of range are you getting with it? For my CB I get up to 7-10 miles depending on terrain and who I'm talking to. My average is .5-5 miles though.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Bacon King

Furthest I have ever used it was from me to my friends shop 22 miles away. It was actually kind of an accident lol. I just happened to be in my truck with my 3 year old son who has to touch every thing and he turned on our radio and my friend was at his shop working on his. I have never tried using it any further then that.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Nice setup
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Bacon King

Thank you Figured you guys may be interested in it. Usually race radio set ups are just kind of thrown together. This one was actually though out and machined to have a factory style fit. I just had to re mount the cigarette lighter and I still have not mounted the back up sensor off switch. It is in set so it would look funny sticking out that far. Oh well, for now I just have to listen to the beeps if I am getting close to some thing.
Old Wed, March 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Forum Predator

What kind of antenna do you have?

You should also make it more visible. I know I keep mine easy to see. I'll either use a 48" black fiberglass, a 54" metal bullwhip, or (the one I usually use) a 26" black fiberglass that I made from a damaged 48", that one works great for parking garages...its a long story about why I made a parking garage safe antenna. With the little antenna the truck is only about 7 feet tall, 6.5 w/o any antenna. They all sit on a spring to keep them from getting broken which works wonders if you ever get a stiff antenna. They are attached to the truck toolbox with a swivel ball mount that also works really well.