Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Great info from everyone, I really appreciate it! Sounds like I'll have a fuel induction service and then my plugs changed. Sweet.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Cool, so my 08' has the 1 piece plugs????
Old Sat, January 31st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Warranty Voider

Alright, so I guess I'm just too much of a grease monkey at heart, printed out the whole TSB and I'm going to try and tackle it this afternoon. I'll keep you guys posted!

Neal
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Sat, January 31st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Member in Sin

Good luck man
Old Sat, January 31st, 2009, 10:26 PM
Warranty Voider

Got it all done, followed the TSB step by step, substitued a few cleaners and lubricants from what I could get at the local car parts store. Put motorcraft plugs in, took me about an hour and a half all together, didn't break any of the plugs, was dang nervous every time I had to give it a little extra "umph"

I can't explain the gratification of finishing the job successfully, not to mention saving myself a couple hundred bucks!
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM
Member in Sin

Booya
Old Sun, February 1st, 2009, 09:22 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Outstanding, Dixie! How many miles were on your plugs, and, what kind of driving do you normally do?

- Jack
Old Mon, February 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Outstanding, Dixie! How many miles were on your plugs, and, what kind of driving do you normally do?

- Jack
Had 100,210 miles on my original plugs. I'd say that easily 70,000 of those miles are highway miles, most of them put on driving from Savannah to Hilton Head everyday for work and from Savannah to Valdosta visiting my wife nearly every weekend before we were married. Once I moved down here most of the miles were "almost highway" miles my daily commute is a 4 lane that's 55mph but has a few stoplights and school zones along the way. We always take my truck on trips to Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, take it to the races: Talladega, Daytona, Charlotte etc, and it was my war wagon when I played golf on the Hooters Tour.
Old Wed, February 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Thanks, Dixie. This is good info to keep in the databanks.

- Jack