Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Default Troyer eFans - Ordered

Just ordered my Troyer eFans! Super excited, will photograph the install for everyone.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post
Just ordered my Troyer eFans! Super excited, will photograph the install for everyone.
Thanx for that Dixie..the income tax man was good to me and i have been thinking about a set of efans and pullies..the installation pics would be very helpful.
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Ford F150 FX4

way2qk4u2c is on a distinguished road

I really want to do this as well....

Does the troyer fan setup have variable controllers with them or are the fans on or off no varible speeds?

I think underdrive pulleys and efans are a good way to get some added power and save on gas.
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Warranty Voider

It's a dual fan kit with dual, fully independent and adjustable controllers. The way it's setup it has a "Low Temperature" fan and a "High-Temperature" fan automatically controlled in a "staggered" turn-on arrangement to provide proper cooling under any condition. That also keeps the start-up amperage draw to a minimum. Should one of the motors give out, heaven forbid, it wouldn't leave you high and dry, you could still get home. The other kits, including FAL's, and piece together kits would leave you overheated and stranded should a fan fail. Other kits also mount THROUGH the radiator, eventually leaving holes and requiring a new radiator in the long run. Troyer's put together a custom fabricated mounting system. These are the reason I went with Troyer, might be more expensive, but WELL worth the extra mile they've gone in research and manufacturing.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Livin' The Dream

RZDANO is on a distinguished road

The FAL kit has mounts that bolt to the sides of the radiator. It does'nt make contact anywhere on the radiator surface except on the tanks where the old fan shroud was bolted in. The FAL kit is probably the most expensive, But IMO the best quality and design of them all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpe Imported Photos 00281.JPE (28.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpe Imported Photos 00287.JPE (27.7 KB, 24 views)
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZDANO View Post
The FAL kit has mounts that bolt to the sides of the radiator. It does'nt make contact anywhere on the radiator surface except on the tanks where the old fan shroud was bolted in. The FAL kit is probably the most expensive, But IMO the best quality and design of them all.
I like the protective shroud on Troyer's too. If you happen to be in there with the fans running, you don't take the chance of chopping off an arm. A few other features FAL doesn't offer. I'll be comparing quality side by side, buddy down the street has the FAL.
Old Fri, March 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
What's next Dixie, meth injection?
Super charger?
Nitrous?

The mods sound pretty nice!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Livin' The Dream

RZDANO is on a distinguished road

I have to agree. Once You start with one mod, You just can't stop there. It becomes somewhat of an illness. I think We need "mod rehab"
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Warranty Voider

Hi, my name's Neal. I've been a member of truck modification anonymous for 4 years. I've been mod-sober for...15 minutes.

I'm glad I have a support group like PHP, lol.
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
What's next Dixie, meth injection?
Super charger?
Nitrous?

The mods sound pretty nice!

Lars
Thanks Lars, and next on my list is long tube headers