Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Mad doctor in training

FastandFurious is on a distinguished road
Hi from Georgia

Hi I'm Wil Cohron. I'm nine and a half years old. My parents created PHP. You might know my dad as Bill Cohron the mad doctor,but soon I will be just like him. My mom is not really a hippie but she is groovy. This is also her favorite smiley . This is MY favorite smiley .

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Wed, January 7th, 2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple of typos as per Wil.
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Wil. This is your first official reply. :welcome3:

Wil is only allowed to post in this section of the forum and welcome new members; he's not allowed to post anywhere else.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Wed, January 7th, 2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 10:29 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Good grief! It's like a plague of Cohrons! Not even driving yet and soon, he'll be tuning our trucks! What's the world coming to? Geezers, unite!

Seriously, though - welcome aboard and I hope you can take care of our generation better than we've taken care of yours. :salute:

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, January 8th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Takin the low road.....

Cajun is on a distinguished road

Hey Wil, it's great you wanna follow Dad and tune some motors. We're glad you're here, welcome. I started tuning at about your age with my dad and grandfather, not quite as technical though. My first rebuild and tune job was on a 1933 Farmall Cub tractor, just like this one, no computer components on there ....I helped my grandfather strip it to the block and rebuild the motor, it's one of those life moments I'll never forget. It's been rebuild a couple of times since then, but it's still running today.

QueenCityBashers.com
South Central NC RC Bashers
Old Fri, January 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Hi again Wil -

I like your avatar! And, to let you in on a little secret, I really like trains! especially the old steam trains that had engines like this one:

Janet and I rode the train that was pulled by this engine up from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado and back again through the Animas Canyon a couple of years ago. It's powered by coal and water, and has a "tractive effort" of 36,200# (that's a little like "torque") and it weighed 104 tons!

Think it might be fun to tune one of these monsters?

The Engineer in the picture is oiling the gears and he has to do this on every trip to keep it working right.

When it's fully fueled, it carries 9 1/2 tons of coal and 5,000 gals of water. Sort of makes the 30 gal gas tank in an f150 look kind of puny, doesn't it?

Hope you enjoyed the picture and learning a little bit about the Silverton Train! Here's a link to more information and pictures of it if you want to learn more: http://www.freewebs.com/drgwk36/index.htm

- Jack
Closed Thread