Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 07:14 PM
Whopper Junior

MBG75 is on a distinguished road
Default How difficult is it to tune?

Trying to find out how difficult it would be to tune my own 7.3?

Will i be able to get decent power out of it?

Is there alot of info and support for different mods that are made?
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 07:21 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Info? Just ask.

It's not "difficult" to tune it but if your understanding of the HEUI injection system is shady, then most of the tuning won't make much sense to you.
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Whopper Junior

i understand how heui works as far as icp pressure, duty cycle, and injector pulsewidth. the other stuff such as timing and fuel, not so much.
Does the software come with basic performance/econo/tow tunes that can be tweaked? or is a blank set-up?

what about shifting also?

am i even asking these questions in the right section of the forums?
Old Sat, May 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oh yeah, you're in the right place.

The Minotaur software will come with a couple base files to get you started.
Basically anything that the PCM has control over (transmission included) is "tweakable" with the Minotaur package.

I've been using it for the better part of a year now and have been tuning 7.3s for almost two. If you're looking for tuning software for the 7.3L from some other company, don't waste your time or money...ask me how I know.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Whopper Junior

spent some time last night reading thru some posts in this section. some of those tables posted and the lingo used is like jibba-jabba to me. i'm very interested, just seems like alot upfront. are the base tunes php's? i've heard great things about his tunes, are the tunes reversible or saveable if i make an error on changes?

only actual tuning i've done is on a 92 mustang running a pms piggyback.
Old Sun, May 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBG75 View Post
spent some time last night reading thru some posts in this section. some of those tables posted and the lingo used is like jibba-jabba to me. i'm very interested, just seems like alot upfront. are the base tunes php's? i've heard great things about his tunes, are the tunes reversible or saveable if i make an error on changes?

only actual tuning i've done is on a 92 mustang running a pms piggyback.

As long as you don't re-save the changed files as the originals , you can save or erase whatever changes you want and always start fresh. The tunes you get will be PHP tunes.