Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Mon, March 29th, 2010, 10:33 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Here is one of my favorite feature in action.

This shows the difference between single shot PW and split shots.

Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Love Games?

theSLEEPER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Here is one of my favorite feature in action.

This shows the difference between single shot PW and split shots.

I LIKE that!

Is there a way to "Blanket" increments? For example, through the RPM, you're adjusting PW, and you want to go up .5ms all the way through, just to see what it does. Can you do that to the whole line? And then come back and undo it?
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM
Love Games?

What does "Minotaur" consist of COMPLETELY? 1 chip, Minotaur software, burner, 1 family of definition files.

What are the "family" of definition files like? Like a "rough draft" of an econo tune, a "race" tune, etc?

I edited this post since whatever arrangement of letters you had in the word "software" tripped the language filter. -Cody

Last edited by cleatus12r; Wed, March 31st, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 12:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER View Post
I LIKE that!

Is there a way to "Blanket" increments? For example, through the RPM, you're adjusting PW, and you want to go up .5ms all the way through, just to see what it does. Can you do that to the whole line? And then come back and undo it?
Well, the PW isn't factored by RPM. You CAN raise the values as much or as little as you want (although just changing arbitrary things can make bad things happen) and then change them back if you don't like it. You can select an entire range as big or small (one point or the whole thing) and go up or down.

I wish I knew how to make a screenshot video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSLEEPER
What does "Minotaur" consist of COMPLETELY? 1 chip, Minotaur software, burner, 1 family of definition files.

What are the "family" of definition files like? Like a "rough draft" of an econo tune, a "race" tune, etc?
It comes with the Minotaur program, the user license, a burner, a chip, a definition file (that's what gives you the actual nomenclature in the tables and sets up the proper addressing of the binary) and a few calibration files to get you started. For the most part, I think Bill just copies and pastes about half a dozen calibrations from his computer for that definition file and emails them to you.....and these are ACTUAL tunes that he sells. You get the real deal.
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 12:27 PM
Love Games?

PW is factored by? MAP? TPS? I'm going to need a guide for the X and Y axis...
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
PW is factored by? MAP? TPS? I'm going to need a guide for the X and Y axis...
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/28679-post9.html

The screenshot Dave put up has the X axis (0-100) as Mass Fuel Desired (basically determined by accelerator pedal position). The Y axis (2.6-21) is Injection control pressure in Megapascals. The Z axis (0-5) is base pulse width in milliseconds.

For pressure reference, 1 MPa is 145 PSI.
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Love Games?

OK. I'm getting it now. MFD is TPS input, based on how the pedal is scaled? And 21 MPa is 3045psi?

OK. If that's right... I'm somewhat confused again...

On your 3D fuel injection PW table, it looks like ICP is going down as throttle input and PW is going up? Is that right?
Old Wed, March 31st, 2010, 04:37 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
OK. I'm getting it now. MFD is TPS input, based on how the pedal is scaled? And 21 MPa is 3045psi?

OK. If that's right... I'm somewhat confused again...

On your 3D fuel injection PW table, it looks like ICP is going down as throttle input and PW is going up? Is that right?

Here are a couple nondescript scenarios that get to the same point.....

If the ICP is raised from 1400 PSI to 2500 PSI, the actual commanded pulse width HAS to decrease to maintain the same MFD. This is because a higher ICP is going to cause an injection of more fuel at higher pressures for a given pulse width.

If the Mass Fuel Desired is raised with a constant ICP, then the pulse width HAS to increase. It is not possible to inject more fuel while keeping a constant ICP unless the injector is commanded to squirt more fuel.

Don't get hung up on thinking that Mass Fuel Desired is another term for accelerator pedal position......
The MFD map is based on accelerator pedal position and RPM.

This is enough to make a guy crazy sometimes!!
Old Fri, April 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Love Games?

After looking at the tables longer, and thinking about it more... I realize.........

I'm more confused than ever....

Old Fri, April 2nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Going "up" in that direction happens when RPM/Pedal position increases, but in reality I don't think things really move in that direction.

The 3D graphs are a little confusing........look at it again in the 2D and it should be a little more clear.

Cody, should be along to elaborate a bit.