Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road
Default Noob from ND

Hey all, got an 06 F150 that I'm throwing 35s on soon and started looking for a tuner. I was 2 clicks away from purchasing an Edge but decided to hold off till I did a little more research...which led me to the Gryphon. I have heard nothing but good things about the product and the customer service, and I'm really looking forward to getting the last few pieces of info I need so I can get this thing ordered up and in my truck where it belongs!

Also got a sweet 07 Mustang GT...Just a GT...but I did a couple things to it. :bluewink: Like my truck, it's still a work in progress.

I have quite a bit of automotive knowledge, so I hope I can add to the forum as well as learn.

If you'd like to know more about me and my toys, go to www.myspace.com/grabber523!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 02:01 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Welcome Grabber! You were smart to bypass the Edge and come straight here. Much more value for the money - and, you get to work with Bill and Corey.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Glad to have ya yere! Always nice to add to the knowledge pool. I always enjoy when I can learn something I didn't know before.

Oh, and we'll be sure to add you to our friends on MySpace.

Take care and enjoy!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber523 View Post
Hey all, got an 06 F150 that I'm throwing 35s on soon and started looking for a tuner. I was 2 clicks away from purchasing an Edge but decided to hold off till I did a little more research...which led me to the Gryphon. I have heard nothing but good things about the product and the customer service, and I'm really looking forward to getting the last few pieces of info I need so I can get this thing ordered up and in my truck where it belongs!

Also got a sweet 07 Mustang GT...Just a GT...but I did a couple things to it. :bluewink: Like my truck, it's still a work in progress.

I have quite a bit of automotive knowledge, so I hope I can add to the forum as well as learn.

If you'd like to know more about me and my toys, go to www.myspace.com/grabber523!
FABULOUS! :welcome3: We're glad you've joined us! We knowledgeable people -- and then there's a few like me that are simply tolerated...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 03:59 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
FABULOUS! :welcome3: We're glad you've joined us! We knowledgeable people -- and then there's a few like me that are simply tolerated...
No, no, Sweetheart - you give the place class!

- Jack
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Welcome Grabber. Enjoy the site.

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome!!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Thanks all! The Gub-ment gave my my tax money back so I should be ordering my Gryphon today! I'm still an having a little trouble deciding which custom tunes to go with though...

Either:

1. Stock Tranny
2. 89 Tow
3. 89 Performance

(Momma says she doesn't want to buy premium for the truck...already gotta do that in our "Daily Dragster"...)

or:

1. 89 Performance
2. 89 Tow
3. 91 Performance (the Powaaaaah!)

The Peformance tune is best for Daily Driving, right?
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
PHP Groupie

Am I understanding correctly that you can't get 87 octane where you live? The reason I ask is because our trucks are really designed for 87 and putting higher octane in them doesn't really take full advantage of the better anti-knock properties, since the compression ratio can't be raised (without a blower, that is).

You MAY feel like the truck is more "lively" using the high-priced stuff, and, it IS possible you might break even or do slightly better economy-wise, but you'd better do the math. If the high priced stuff costs 10% more than regular, do you get 10% or better mileage? And, do you feel you are enjoying driving it 10% more?

If the truck is your daily drive, do you stand on the accelerator when the light turns green? Are you trying to beat the other guy to the next red light?

Sorry if I'm sounding like an old fart here (of course I am), but your wife sounds like she isn't eager to throw money at the gas pump. I'm not either. I also expect my truck to last well into the 200K range, and I think it will if I don't abuse it.

I have a Level 1, 87 octane economy tune for everyday driving and a Level 2 87 octane towing tune. I've left the Level 3 tune alone and have never used it.

I wanted tunes that would eliminate the throttle lag when I stepped on the gas and that would give me good passing power, even when towing. I also wanted to have these advantages without having to spend a fortune on gas. These seemed like practical goals to me. Bill's two custom tunes gave me that and I couldn't be happier.

If your goals are different, that's cool too. Just identify them and state them clearly to Bill. He'll do the rest.

- Jack
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 09:45 AM

We can get 87, but the 89 is cheaper so that's what I run. Being able to add a little more timing to utilize the octane, as well as all the reasons to get the tune that you listed, plus the size of tires I'm throwing on all led me to this site. I really like the idea of being able to throw 91 in it when I want to take it out and get it dirty, just to have a few more ponies to play with.

As far as choosing octane goes, I run Sunoco in my supercharged Mustang at the track even though it's only canned-tuned for 91 because I like the little bit of extra "cushion" it gives preventing detonation when I'm hot-lapping. Sure, I'm not using all that octane for more power and I know I could probably get better timeslips by running the fuel it's tuned for, but until I get it on a dyno this spring for a real tune, I use higher octane fuel as my crutch.
Closed Thread