Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun, May 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
I have never been on a dyno. I think our truck are around 235/250 at the flywheel, so probably under 200 at the wheels. 80/120hp from the chip, but I am not sure how much power we actually get from the chip. SO I guess we are somewhere near 300. That sucks, 100-150 more on PMR's probably isn't enough

When I make my calls this week about turbo's I think I will ask about upgrading the motor, just for grins. Maybe this year I will max out the PMR's and save to get mor power next year.

I am not sure what the Black Mamba motor is, but will look into it. Thinking a short block might be the best route. Then we can upgrade our existing blocks for backup.
I saw someone on TDS that advertised their emissions results, and they also ran their truck on the 80hp DP tune. The dyno wasn't exactly calibrated, but they saw a gain of almost 40hp.

When it comes to upgrade my turbo I'm gonna come talk to you. You been doing some in depth research....I'm interested in seeing what you go with. I'm sure you saw that post on TDS about max boisterous with what chip/tune/turbo/injectors. I think people using phP tunes were reporting more boost : )

I tried finding the Black Mamba engine, by The Horsepower Shop, on my ohone and couldnt find it...hopefully they ate still out there. I like the short block idea.

How do you like the RiffRaff FRx? I'm thinking about buying it, tonight possibly...depending on if you post back tonight with good praise of it.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx