Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Whopper Junior

dennisfiremanny is on a distinguished road
Default State inspection question

Here in Massachsetts we have to have our vehicles inspected every year. Part of the inspection is to the connect a computer to the OBD port for information. I returned the truck to stock and removed the the Gryphon from the vehicle I did not want to take any chances. My truck failed the emissions test! They told me to drive around for 50 miles and come back, I was wondering if anybody has left there Gryphon installed for this test if so did it pass?
Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 08:18 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Should have just removed the gryphon from the vehicle and left all programming alone and you would have passed.
Let me guess you switched the truck back to stock the day of or a day before?
What the test station saw was a p1000 dtc which is an automatic failure.
A p1000 is a code that tells people that are looking at the pcm that it has recently been reflashed. They were right in telling you to drive your truck and come back.
I wouldn't switch it anymore until you drive it awhile and get it retested.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Should have just removed the gryphon from the vehicle and left all programming alone and you would have passed.
Let me guess you switched the truck back to stock the day of or a day before?
What the test station saw was a p1000 dtc which is an automatic failure.
A p1000 is a code that tells people that are looking at the pcm that it has recently been reflashed. They were right in telling you to drive your truck and come back.
I wouldn't switch it anymore until you drive it awhile and get it retested.
Bingo! Like lars said I wouldn't reprogram yet to after you drive a while and get it rechecked. But in the future I would just take gryphon out and leave it programmed however it is.
Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Double Whopper

secstang03 is on a distinguished road

I don't want to hijack the thread but my inspection is due here in Texas. We have emissions testing here. Are you guys saying that I should leave the program alone and leave it programmed on 3 and it should still pass?
Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by secstang03 View Post
I don't want to hijack the thread but my inspection is due here in Texas. We have emissions testing here. Are you guys saying that I should leave the program alone and leave it programmed on 3 and it should still pass?
Yes, just take the actual programmer itself out and the cable. If you change levels a p1000 code will be throwed and they will fail the inspection for that. It is just a drive cycle code that gets thrown anytime the computer is reflashed.
Old Mon, December 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Just a note:
Another good thing to check before taking your vehicles in for inspection is the cigarette lighter fuse. In most vehicles the cigarette lighter and the obdII share the same power source.
The fuse being blown can result in a failure also and they will send you on your way to get it fixed.
Now that I thought about it some more, check it before and after the inspection!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.