Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Whopper

Brandon_oma#692 is on a distinguished road
Default looking at minotaur have some ???'s

Hi all,
I have read everything i could find on this setup. one thing i have not found the answer for is can you modify the "standard" tunes you get with the software chip burner package? What i am looking to do is use the standard tunes (possible tweak shifting and tc lockup as everyone seems to have thier own preferences) for now as my truck is stock and adjust the software as i make hardware changes. I feel comfortable with this as i can learn along the way. If i have to start from scratch I feel this is out of my reach.

Thanks
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Whopper

I think this answers my questions see post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
ps how do I quote someone quotiing another person?
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_oma#692 View Post
Hi all,
I have read everything i could find on this setup. one thing i have not found the answer for is can you modify the "standard" tunes you get with the software chip burner package? Yes.What i am looking to do is use the standard tunes (possible tweak shifting and tc lockup as everyone seems to have thier own preferences) That's the MAIN reason to modify your own tuning....driveability.for now as my truck is stock and adjust the software as i make hardware changes. I feel comfortable with this as i can learn along the way. If i have to start from scratch I feel this is out of my reach.Stock trucks are one thing....but adding hardware such as injectors REALLY requires changes to the tuning to operate properly and safely.

Thanks
Feel free to ask more questions!
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:

I'm still working on copy and paste here......

I can't help.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:

I see a little right facing arrow next to the phrase: "Originally Posted by Power Hungry". When I click on it, I think I see the post you are talking about.

To do it more directly, go to that post, and then right-click on the post number itself (up in the left corner). Choose "copy Link Location" from the drop down menu and then "Paste" it in your own post, like I've just done here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...03&postcount=2

At least I think this is what you asked. If not, just ignore me.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

- Jack
Consider yourself on "permanent ignore". HA HA Just kidding Jack.
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Consider yourself on "permanent ignore". HA HA Just kidding Jack.
Oh, goody! This means I can say ANYTHING I want!

- Jack
Old Wed, June 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I see a little right facing arrow next to the phrase: "Originally Posted by Power Hungry". When I click on it, I think I see the post you are talking about.

To do it more directly, go to that post, and then right-click on the post number itself (up in the left corner). Choose "copy Link Location" from the drop down menu and then "Paste" it in your own post, like I've just done here: http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...03&postcount=2

- Jack
I wanted it to show up in the post like this. BUT with both sides of the conversation. as in me quoting you quoting me (actually me qouting bill qouting someone else)
Old Thu, June 18th, 2009, 02:09 AM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Ok Im confused on who is quoting who but YES you can modify all the standard files Bill sends you with the Minotaur package. they are not encrypted or anything. This is different from DP tuner for example. you cannot modify his tunes or add your own tunes to empty spaces on his F5 or F6 chips for example. If you want to tune additional vehicles you will need to purchase the MDF files for the specific hex code. if it happens to be a PCM in the same family you don't need additional MDF's Cody can tell ya all about that I think he has a whole collection of them he has never used as there is only a few OEM PCM files that are really good like the PMT1 EBM1 etc... you may have to disable the PATS or reprogram it with something like AutoEngunity software..
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, June 18th, 2009, 07:25 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
YES you can modify all the standard files Bill sends you with the Minotaur package.
This is correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw
they are not encrypted or anything. This is different from DP tuner for example. you cannot modify his tunes or add your own tunes to empty spaces on his F5 or F6 chips for example.
Well.......

Quote:
If you want to tune additional vehicles you will need to purchase the MDF files for the specific hex code. if it happens to be a PCM in the same family you don't need additional MDF's
This is also correct. By family, DJ means the "DPC" code. DPC-203, DPC-402, DPC-411, etc.

Quote:
Cody can tell ya all about that I think he has a whole collection of them he has never used
Yeah. In addition, there are a lot of definition files (mdf) that will work with other families......but not all of the correct values will match up. Some binary will, most won't.

Quote:
as there is only a few OEM PCM files that are really good like the PMT1 EBM1 etc... you may have to disable the PATS or reprogram it with something like AutoEngunity software..
That's mostly true. Yes, PMT1 is my absolute favorite as I tow a lot and I'm not in what most would call a high altitude (3900 ft.). However, listening to a lot of other people (especially in altitudes like yours DJ), the PMT1 is not the best for towing there. I don't know this for a fact, but certain other codes do not have such....uh..."abrasive" converter lockup strategy.

PATS....what a joke. GM has had a similar system for many years (Pass-Key. 3 versions of it) and every one is a piece of garbage.