Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Whatcha doin' for the 4th?

We actually have some really cool plans for July 4th. In our neighborhood, there is a family who is very well off, and they have a huge house, a huge yard, and a pool. These people are just so wonderful, and they share their blessings with everyone. (You can't even IMAGINE what they do at Christmas!)

Well, for July 4th, they have invited everyone in our subdivision to come over for an all-day party -- lots of food, fun, and swimming. They usually shoot off THOUSANDS of dollars worth of fireworks as soon as it gets dark. The very coolest part? Bill will be ing all day! For those of you who don't know, Bill is VERY into music, and half of my living room is taken up by eight speakers, two turntables, and all the other stuff he has -- equalizers... amplifiers... He's just thrilled to be able to DJ all day, and it'll be nice to be out of the office for a change of scenery.

Anyone else doing anything special?

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

Shooting Groundhogs for the day

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

No big plans!
I'm on call!
House sitting for the neighbor and taking care of their pets.
If I wasn't on call I had permission to take their boat but that's not happening!)-:
Just going to go to a nieghboring town for their big parade/car show/rides.
Shoot off a "few" hundred dollars worth of fireworks.
Oh yah going to grill and go swimming! Maybe take the HD out also.
Hopefully it will be cool and safe this year!
Happy Independence Day Everyone!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM
08F150LARIET

lbjailer is on a distinguished road

Babysitting my dog because fireworks and knuckleheads shooting off their guns freaks him out, got sedatives for him, calms him down a little but he is still whacked out scared. One of the joys of living in a Gang infested City.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

lbjailer- Sorry to hear about the dog. I know how that is though, my sis had a brittany like that. Poor thing once crawled into the kitchen cabinet, under the sink to get away from the noise.

Not too sure what our plans are. There's several places around here doing fireworks, but we'll probably spend it home. I'll probably grille some brats and have a couple cold Canadian beers waiting for some goofball in the neighborhood to blow their hand off.
Since my inlaws are coming in from FL next week it may be my last chance for a month to enjoy peace and quiet.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

Move to Nj it's no fireworks state.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM
Cali Gestapo!

Caforddude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Bill will be ing all day! For those of you who don't know, Bill is VERY into music,
So Bill spends the workweek spinning up trucks and the weekends spinning the wax huh...Cool

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Sad thing is, we live in NY, fireworks are illegal and have been since the 70's. It doesn't seem to matter in some towns, in fact, friend who grew up down the street from me used to have a policeman from town bring the fireworks to their party.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caforddude View Post
So Bill spends the workweek spinning up trucks and the weekends spinning the wax huh...Cool
When he's feeling very stressed, he goes into the living room and DJs. The boys LOVE it! He likes to make the entire house shake (we even had the cops here one night ). He even broke the lightbulb in the overhead fixture one time due to the enormous amount of bass.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nothing like a peaceful life!

We'll be driving up to a little town on Mt Lemmon (about 8500 ft) to join with some friends up there who have a cabin and participate in the Summerhaven 4th of July parade. It's a real old time, small town parade, and folks sit out in lawn chairs on the road through town to see the "big event". Our friends lead a mandolin band in the parade (there are several very good folk musicians in the group) and it's a whole lot of fun. My Scottish group's pipe band even comes up and marches in the parade. Before and after the parade, the musicians are out on the deck "jamming", so it's a great way to spend the 4th.

That evening, we're going to another friend's home to celebrate her birthday. (It's not on the 4th, but it's close enough). We'll be fairly near "A Mountain" where they have an annual fireworks display, so we'll have a good seat for that too.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Closed Thread