Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Double Whopper

Circuit is on a distinguished road
Question Canadian Orders

I am about to order a Gryphon for my '04 4.6 soon once I get the money together and was wondering if anyone here ordered one from Canada. I live in south-western Ontario and am curious about the customs fees, taxes and shipping fees. Just don't want any surprises when I it arrives at my door.

Thanks.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

There's really several of your countrymen who have Gryphons. Corey ships to you via USPS, I think and there are, sometimes, delays in customs. I don't know that anyone has had bad surprises in customs fees.

It would be good if one of our other members "up North" chimed in on this, and they probably will. I just didn't want you to feel neglected.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road

I post stuff oversea's all the time and it's pure luck if your packet gets flagged ,inspected and taxed.
In the last 7 years only one of my packets/boxes have been flagged and taxed.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Welcome Circuit.....I my gryphon. I can't remember how much it all came to with duty and shipping etc, but i think it was around the 490.00 Can mark. This was everything including 3 tunes and the exchange. I had mine on my old 05 f150 and now run it on my stock 08, just had to get a couple of new tunes. I'm sure you'll love it.
Old Fri, July 3rd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Double Whopper

Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Whopper

08F150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
Sounds good.

I was curious if they would add gst, pst and brokerage fees that would make the price over what I would pay locally for an Edge. I was quoted $525+taxes for an Edge but really want a Gryphon since I do plan on some mods once I own the thing. (I am never leasing again...)

Thanks for the quick replies.

If you planning on doing mods get the Gryphon. I originaly got an Edge and now I got Bill to upgrade it to a Gryphon with custom tunes.
Old Sat, July 4th, 2009, 11:36 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Do the gryphon!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, July 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Double Whopper

Ordered this morning with 87 perf and 93 perf customs.

I was going to order in the next 4 weeks but the birthday sale prompted me to act now.

Looks like my timing is good for custom tunes too since they are just getting caught up.

Happy birthday Corey and I am sure I will enjoy my present.

So now the waiting begins...

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Double Whopper

It has been over 2 days since I sent the email and form. Is it normal to not get some kind of confirmation of them receiving the order at least?

I only ask because I am kind of nervious about having my credit card number out there in a pdf and just would like some kind of assurance that it went to the right place.

Current: In bed lighting, K&N Drop-in, Gott's intake mod, Gryphon custom tuned
Future: Exhaust (next), UDP, eFans
Old Sat, July 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I have your order! Normally, it's not an issue since orders are processed within 24 hours. This week, we've been out of the office quite a bit since our daughter is visiting, and I have 8 new orders to actually get into the system. :puter:

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread

Tags
canada, customs, order