Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default E-mail

Okay, Bill just came to me and explained something about e-mail and why some are getting through while others aren't. He told me to explain it to you fine folks to the best of my ability.

Here goes...

Our e-mail is hosted by enom -- some of you may know the name as a website from which you can purchase website names. Anyway, in our research (after being prompted by sburn (thank you!), we found that enom is blacklisted on some servers. Why? Because they sell subnets (groups of ip addresses), and some of the purchasers are spammers. As sburn put it, some servers throw the baby out with the bathwater and simply block EVERYTHING from enom. Are they the only ones that are blacklisted by some servers. Hardly.

NOW, my biggest question has been Why do some e-mails from a particular person get through when others FROM THE SAME PERSON do not? I have the answer finally! This is my layman's explanation:

You send an e-mail to us (which goes to enom). From there, enom has thousands of ways to send it to us. Think about Google Maps. They usually give you the most direct route, but you can always click on the map and change the route. Heck, if you wanted to get from Washington to Georgia, there are virtually thousands of different paths you could take to get there. The same happens with enom. It has to decide which path to take to get your e-mail to us. If one path is a little faster today, they might take that one when yesterday, they took another. Anywhere along the way, they might encounter one of these servers who block enom, and the journey is over. No bounceback message and no message in our inbox.

We are currently looking into upgrading our server with Microsoft Exchange to handle our e-mail. (Wait! Does that mean I'll be getting even MORE e-mails? ) In addition, we will probably be hosting our website in house again down the road.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I feel like a major question was answered today, and I'm not just . Okay, maybe just a little.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Pretty interesting read, Corey! Makes perfect sense too!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Does this also apply to PMs or is it just Email?
Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I am assuming it's just e-mail. However, enom also hosts our website and forum, so I'm not really sure.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, August 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

hmm, I bet the same thing is happening with the PM's because its pretty often that I read about someone with an issue that 'could have been forgotten', and its the kind of thing that could have been fixed in less than 5 minutes.
Old Sat, August 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

We have the database server lock up form time to time (You know, when you get that darn "Database Error" message) and I guess that could happen, although PM's are usualy much more reliable.

One thing to keep in mind is that I do NOT have the luxury of frequenting the forums as much as Corey does. Depending on my workload, there are times where it may be days or even a couple weeks before I get on the forums to check posts (usually when Corey tells me there's something really important to address). This should not be taken as any indication of being ignored, it's just the simple fact that I can't do eight things at once. I try to schedule time to spend answering the forums but if there are more pressing issues, then those may take precedence.

If you need a relatively quick response to a PM, it's usually best to contact Corey. If it is a general question, the forums is probably the best place to address it. At least if I can't immediately address it, either one of the moderators or other members can address it or Corey can address it and/or bring it to my attention.

Outside of that, while I occasionally answer e-mails in 24 to 72 hours it is often answered in few hours. We do take our customer's questions, comments and concerns very seriously and hope that people understand that sometimes there may be a delay in responding.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Closed Thread