Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, January 1st, 2009, 02:18 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
One of the greatest movies ever.

I just finished watching "Animal House" for what feels like must be the 200th time and I can't help but think just how good it movie it was. It was a film that helped shape the careers of several actors including Tim Matheson, Tom Hulce, Karen Allen, Bruce McGill, Stephen Furst, Kevin Bacon, and of course, John Belushi. Donald Sutherland was already a well established actor by this time, but his performance no less impressive.

I must admit that as charming, witty, and funny the movie is, it is also with a great sadness that I watch John Belushi's performance. It's been said countless times before about what a shame it is that he died so young, but it really is a tragic loss. I don't think there's anyone in recent memory (except maybe John Candy or Chris Farley) that had the sort of intensity and comedic presence that John had. Jack Black is close, especially in School of Rock. Mike Meyers is good, but he hasn't figured out that you don't need to be mildly perverse or vulgar to be funny. (Cat in the Hat was a real disappointment since it's based on a children's story.) I find it disappointing that while there are some really good younger actors (many on Disney Channel oddly enough), I don't get the same feeling of passion and intensity from their performances.

So I find out that their remaking TRON (yeah, I don't get why either) and Footloose because I guess today's generation can't relate to Kevin Bacon and Chris Penn is dead. Can't sell a dead actor I guess. Also, no disrespect Heath Ledger, but how many times are we going to remake Batman? Wizard of Oz has been remade twice. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has been remade. The remake of Miracle on 34th Street just pissed me off which is sad because I actually like all the actors in that movie but couldn't stand the movie. Frankly, I think the screen writers have just run out of ideas and have to resort to rehashing the same crap over and over and over and over so they can keep people coming to the theaters and buying DVDs. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, this whole thing got me to thinking about my personal top 5 favorite movies. Here the list, at least for this week.

5. Animal House
4. Rob Roy
3. Erin Brockovich
2. Is a Wonderful Life
1. American Graffiti

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, January 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

My top 5 favorite movies:

1. Christine
2. Hunt for Red October
3. Vacation
4. Caddy Shack
5. North by Northwest
Old Thu, January 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK, I'll throw mine in here. The ones that come to mind (in no particular order) are:

1. Doctor Zhivago
2. On Golden Pond
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
5. The Gladiator

When I read the book "Christine", it made me almost afraid to go near my car!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 01:15 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Anything from Steven King is good. In fact, I've got Skeleton Crew in my bag to read on the plane. The only thing I couldn't stand was Cujo. What a rip that was (both the book and the movie.)

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

there's a few good ones mentioned up there. some of my faves are, in no order.
the lost boys
jeremiah johnson
a christmas story...the one where the boy gets a red rider bb gun for xmas...wife hates that show....that's why i love it.
anything horror.

on a side note, also like deadliest catch,simpsons, family guy,south park, extreme 4x4 and trucks.
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
A Christmas Story is my favorite! We quote it all the time in the Cohron house. "Frah-JEE-lay... must be Italian!"

Some other favorites in no particular order:

· P.S. I Love You
· Love, Actually
· Rob Roy
· Rocky Horror Picture Show
· The Fugitive
· Armageddon
· Bridget Jones's Diary
· Halloween
· Never Been Kissed
· Steel Magnolias
· It's a Wonderful Life

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Double Whopper

CHARGED97 is on a distinguished road

yup Christmas story is the funniest movie.......if you guys get a chance and if you havent already you need to see......As good as it gets with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt......funny Im telling you ......also The Kid with Bruce Wllis ......and A few good men ...of course ....."You cant handle the truth"....with Jack Nicholson......
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
OK, I'll throw mine in here. The ones that come to mind (in no particular order) are:

1. Doctor Zhivago
2. On Golden Pond
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
5. The Gladiator

When I read the book "Christine", it made me almost afraid to go near my car!

- Jack

Ya' never know
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Well dang - now a few more come to mind:

1. Dances With Wolves
2. Schindler's List
3. How the West Was Won (original Cinerama version - wow!)
4. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
5. Psycho

OK, now I'm up to ten. Really though, there have been a ton of fine films made, haven't there?

- Jack
Old Fri, January 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
4. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World- Jack
"A Big Dubba-ya!" (I quoted this one the other day, in fact! Can't remember what it was for , but I did!)

And the kicking of the bucket is priceless.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread