Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sat, February 6th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question

So I got another pair of definitions files to put PHP tunes in my dad's and brother's pickups and noticed something as I was going through the files to make some 'standard' tunes(hi idle, whisper). For the files for an AEB3 pcm(TOAA5Z5), I just happen to see that the engine displacement under parameters was .035 liters. Of the 4 of my other MDFs, all list the correct displacement. So my questions are: Is it 'supposed' to be incorrect? And out of curiosity, does it even matter/is it used for anything?

Side note: Its nice having Minotaur back, hard drive went out about at Thanksgiving and just got to getting it re-registered. Makes it easier to follow along discussions.
Old Sun, February 7th, 2010, 12:21 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Fuh-gedda-bowdit!!

It's all good. Don't worry about that parameter.

Hey, if you want some kick-a$$ tunes for that 02 manual (AEB3), give me a shout and I'll send a couple your way (don't worry, I don't charge!).
Old Sun, February 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Tuner novice

Thanks for the response. I checked this before he started installing and he finished after I left. Called and needless to say he was pleased with the tunes, although I think I'll still take up that offer for a future time. PM sent.
Old Tue, February 9th, 2010, 07:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I just remembered.....

You probably already got quite a few tunes with your new definitions. There isn't a need to get something to start out with.
Old Mon, February 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Tuner novice

Yeah I got some tunes to start with(I saw your response shortly after you posted). Now another another question. Although I can't guarantee my accuracy(used MSN autos as a reference being I'm away from the engine's valve covers), a '00 manual is 235 hp factory, '02 auto is 250 hp, and a '02 manual is 275 hp. Are the HP for the tunes provide based off of factory ratings? ex. 100HP on '00 manual is 335 while the '02 manual is 375? Just comparing from those two with the software, it seems like there wouldn't be a 40hp gap between them.

Still haven't made any major mods to any tunes. Got some things in my head about tuning for different injectors on my older pickup but haven't made the purchase to get the fire going under me yet. Liking some features that I'm finding while still grasping the software, especially the scale feature with pivot, etc. I'm thinking that'll come in handy for injector mods.
Old Tue, February 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-127 View Post
Yeah I got some tunes to start with(I saw your response shortly after you posted). Now another another question. Although I can't guarantee my accuracy(used MSN autos as a reference being I'm away from the engine's valve covers), a '00 manual is 235 hp factory, '02 auto is 250 hp, and a '02 manual is 275 hp. Are the HP for the tunes provide based off of factory ratings? ex. 100HP on '00 manual is 335 while the '02 manual is 375? Just comparing from those two with the software, it seems like there wouldn't be a 40hp gap between them.
I am not sure about Bill's method. I don't even rate my programs by power; they are strictly feel and drivability-designed. Although I have used an old Evolution and a program called Speed Tracer to get some baseline power numbers, I still don't denote any power numbers. I have a dyno available to me but I choose not to put a truck through that abuse.......besides, it's hard to get a better way of drivability and feel other than actually driving the truck. Maximum power numbers aren't important to some folks.

I know how the factory changed their ratings between the automatics and manuals, but most of that stuff changes with aftermarket tuning.
Old Tue, February 16th, 2010, 10:28 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Why did the factory have higher HP on the manual trucks?
Old Tue, February 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Probably for a couple reasons but this one comes to mind first:

The manual transmission is more durable.

Other reasons may have included the automatic transmission's perceived better performance due to converter fluid coupling slippage and torque multiplication vs. the manual that really doesn't even start to get out of it's own way until 1800 RPM.
Old Sun, February 21st, 2010, 06:46 PM
Tuner novice

So here I am with another question which is unrelated to this past question, but I thought I'd just as well post in here instead of a new thread.

I was looking through some files for an OBS Auto(TDE1) so that I might find some convincing changes I could show someone who is interested in getting a chip for their truck. So I come across the inferred throttle position map and it doesn't seem right.

Picture 1 is the stock file. Picture 2 and 3 are modified by myself to be what I think might be right. What came in the MDFs would be picture 2, except imagine "Area A" to look like picture 1. Maybe this is just another thing I'm worried about which doesn't matter, but nevertheless I got some enjoyment and experience "smoothing" a map from picture 1 to 3. After looking at other MDFs at the same map, if I had to guess which is right I would say either the way the file came or picture 2 as shown?

Last edited by F-127; Sun, February 21st, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old Sun, February 21st, 2010, 10:15 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

It's always looked that way for me.

I have never had a need to alter that map so I haven't cared. The one for the manual trucks doesn't look much better....kind of resembles a set of stairs.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you though.