Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Well It seems my Excursion has the EBM3 code and according to Bill's Chart at Dieselstop it says the folllowing
2001 EBM3 1L119Y0B11 DPC-452 1C3F-XD 7.3L EXCURSION DIESEL - AUTOMATIC 50S VRAA7Y6

I am not sure what to make of this info so if anyone wants to enlighten me that would be great.

EBM3 is the "box code". DPC-452 is your PCM hardware code. 50S simply means it's legal for a California calibration (49S would mean NOT California). VRAA7Y6 is the "hex code". VRAA7 is the MDF you will need to tune it.

Is this a good PCM or do I need to find a better option (truck in sig).. what will or won't work for stock files.

There shouldn't be an issue with the PCM code you have. I don't have any experience with the Excursion PCMs but I will take a stab at it and say that it's comparable to the truck PMT2/3 box code due to the "VRAA7" hex code.

I'm also waiting for a reply from Bill, hopefully this weekend so I can get the Minotaur software running and chip installed I think I need the MDF or RTD files still... I don't see any way to get any of the graphs to show with all the paramaters so I guess I am not quite 100% setup yet...
Thanks
DJ

As far as the graphs go, you won't get them in "parameters"...you'll only get numerical data. "Maps" will give you linear and 3D views. "Functions" will give you linear views.

See red text.
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Cody, thanks for that info, I think all the Ex's were 50 state as all Ex's have a GPCM rather than just the GPR setup.. Had to replace my GPCM recently. One nice thing about the GPCM is it tells you exactly which Glow Plugs are bad.. Hence mine was #4 but there was also a problem as kept getting communication signal error code for the GPCM.

Oh and a question about the last part of your response. Does that mean that the Parameters, Maps, and Functions are 3 different ways of displaying the same data?
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 01:11 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Not the SAME data...but each header alters different aspects of the tuning.

Here's WHERE the "parameters", "maps", and "functions" come from:

Last edited by cleatus12r; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Talked with Bill last night and he is going to use the 2001 EBM1 DPC-452 VRAA6 base files as he says it has better shifting than the EBM2 or 3 files... Only thing I will need to do is disable the PATS functions... which is fine with me cuz I hate the damn thing..... Only have one matching key anyway which is ziptied to the ign column But he is gonna do that on an initial set of canned tunes so it makes my initial setup and install as easy as possible :thanks: Bill

I guess the EBM 1 2 3 are similar to the PMT 1 2 3's used in the trucks? If I remember the PMT1 is the preferred PCM due to shifting quality right? I would think the shift patterns on the Excursions are different from the F250s due to the max CGVW and that u cannot gooseneck or 5wheel an Excursion. They probably are a bit softer for that SUV effect too
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
I guess the EBM 1 2 3 are similar to the PMT 1 2 3's used in the trucks? If I remember the PMT1 is the preferred PCM due to shifting quality right?
Since the definition files used for each are the same (EBM1/PMT1 are VRAA6 and the EBM2/3 and PMT2/3 are VRAA7) I would assume that the shift characteristics would be very similar.

There are certain aspects of PMT1 that are better. With the way my wife and I drive when unloaded, we would never know a difference. The differences really start to show up when towing (as well as racing...so I hear...but we don't do that). Namely the forced 4-3 downshift TC strategy and the WOT lockup.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Question

Yay Just got the MDF and some binaries from Bill. He had to shut down for a bit due to thunderstorms but I got a few questions about the interface and values
is 0=off and 1=on for things like PATS
There are 2 columns in Parameters. is blue the original values for the stock PCM file and blue the modified value or is Blue the stock sett for the specific binary that is loaded, say 100 HP tune

Under functions there are items like FN012, FN013 and so on? what the heck are those??? some explanation please
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Yay Just got the MDF and some binaries from Bill. He had to shut down for a bit due to thunderstorms but I got a few questions about the interface and values
is 0=off and 1=on for things like PATS
There are 2 columns in Parameters. is blue the original values for the stock PCM file and blue the modified value or is Blue the stock sett for the specific binary that is loaded, say 100 HP tune

Under functions there are items like FN012, FN013 and so on? what the heck are those??? some explanation please
I sure wish I could get MY definitions......

The BLACK is the one you are modifying. The BLUE is the one you're comparing to. You'll get a green and red if you load more binaries into the program at once.

Usually, the "FN" values are simply normalizers, scalars, and undefined items. There isn't too much in any of those that you'll even need to be concerned with.

The stuff you NEED is already defined.
Old Fri, April 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I sure wish I could get MY definitions......

The BLACK is the one you are modifying. The BLUE is the one you're comparing to. You'll get a green and red if you load more binaries into the program at once.

The stuff you NEED is already defined.
Oh hence the color code next to the binary file... I should have figured that one out
I know why it didn't click, I had 2 binaries open but they were both the same file heehee