Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Afrancis is on a distinguished road
Question Prewired for factory sub I think

So I replaced my single disc cd player finally with a audiophile 6 disc mp3 one. This is the first time Ive ever had my cd player out the dash so I didnt know what was back there. When I pulled it out I found all three of the plugs, now I knew it was prewired for dvd player cause I found the wires over the rack a long time ago. Ive searched everywhere underneath the driver side rear seat where the wires are suppose to come out at. Is there someway they stopped the wires somewhere else when they wired it up? I mean the wire is at the HU but not where the amp goes? Any help would be greatly appricated.
Old Tue, March 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Don't assume its for the sub to quickly. It might be for the sat radio module. Who knows with the big 3 mfgs these days. Might be best and get online and see if crutchfield has any diagrams for the radio harness. Or a Haynes manual with wiring diagrams.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, March 31st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Ford F150 FX4

way2qk4u2c is on a distinguished road

Im going to be pulling my radio out this weekend- i can take some pics and let you know. I have the audiophile with sub so ill show you the connectors.
Old Tue, March 31st, 2009, 03:38 PM

Sounds good man, appreciate it. Im almost positive its for the sub from everything Ive read and seen on f150online. When I searched for mine the first time I just had my fingers in the L shaped slit feeling around as far as I could. I read a few posts on there where people has actually had to pull up the carpet to find the other end. One guy even just cut the L shape slit bigger and found his that way. I just got home from work so after I rest up a bit Im gonna go look again. Hopefully I just missed it the first time and its there.
BTW I drive an 05 FX4 supercrew if that makes a difference.
Old Tue, March 31st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Mini Me

BluByu1986 is on a distinguished road

I've got an 05 FX4 aswell. I upgraded my 6 CD to a Shaker 500 unit out of a mustang and I too, installed the factory sub out of a Lariat truck.

The plug for the sub at the H/U was taped to one of the support brackets on the left hand side when your looking in. There was a protective plug taped to the end of the harness to protect the ends.

As for the plug at the amplifier end, mine was located by the rear seat (SuperCrew) at the slit by the leg. All I had to do, was reach in and grab the wire and pull it out, plug it in and Voila...... Awesome Sound, especially with the Shaker 500.

I've heard that all the 04's were pre-wired with all the plug-in's and on the 05 models, some got the all the harnessess and some only got half. You can goto Ford and get the plug-in for the amplifier end and and just run new line from the back upto the front and attach it to the existing plug that's there. The power comes from the deck.....

Hope this helps,
Old Tue, March 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM

Well I looked again and found the screw where the plug is suppose to be, but there is no plug. So your saying I can buy a plug that will run from the amp all the way to the HU, or just to where the wire already there ends at? Also would you happen to have the part # for it? Thanks alot man for all the help.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Whopper Junior

mgd26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrancis View Post
Well I looked again and found the screw where the plug is suppose to be, but there is no plug. So your saying I can buy a plug that will run from the amp all the way to the HU, or just to where the wire already there ends at? Also would you happen to have the part # for it? Thanks alot man for all the help.
i have just installed the audiophile head unit and sub im my 07 xlt 4x4.
and the parts i needed was:

to the stereo:
ford part number - 3u2z-14s411-DLA
motorcraft #er - wpt 219

to the amp:
Ford part number - 3u2z-14s411-CAAA
motorcraft #er - wpt 667.

if you google motorcraft pigtails and click on "pigtail id" you can see a pic of these two connectors so you can tell if they will work for you. i wouldn't think that an 05 would be any diff then a 07 in that area.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM

Thanks man
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
Whopper Junior

blk07fx2screw is on a distinguished road

mgd26, I saw your post about the two pigtails and their part numbers. I have an 07 FX2 SCREW that I just upgraded to an audiophile 6CD changer. I have all three of the factory plugs for the HU, however when tracing down the wiring for where the subwoofer is supposed to be, I have been unable to find it. My question is, did you just make your own wiring harness from the HU to the SUB using those two pigtails ? I am going to pull my rear seat out and pull the carpet up to see if I can find a factory plug, hopefully it will be there...somewhere. I've read some have it and some don't... so, we'll see. I can't understand why ford would prewire it at the HU, but not completely. Also, why they wouldn't carry the entire harness as an upgrade option. Thanks.