Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, June 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Whopper

427R ROUSH is on a distinguished road
Question surging with level 2&3

just got the gryphon and loaded tunes out of the box and no adjustment to the custom settings,,, i get surging and hesitation in 3rd and 4th gear from 1000 to 2000 rpm but when it goes to overdrive,,TC locked,, its fine .. runs fine other than that.. its instaled on an 08 f150 mods are k&n drop in and roush sido exhaust thats it.. efans , UD pulleys,and custom tunes are on the way... any thoughs would help (going to try level 1 tonight) Thanks
Old Fri, June 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's odd. The RXDG6 family usually responds quite well with the canned tuning. Let me know if the level 1 suffers the same or if it is any better.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, June 5th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Whopper

just returned from a long cruise 120 miles level 1 no problem just as a reminder I'm the one that called you on the problem about the valves pinging on tip in of the throttle... anyways the truck is FFV after never running e-85 in it i did..2 tanks thru it,, after 5 mins. the valves were finally quite and stayed that way for about 600 to 800 miles. also the truck never had any problems till the dealer did a reflash for the tranny lag at 16000 miles and has been a problem since 29000 miles current

Last edited by 427R ROUSH; Fri, June 5th, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old Fri, June 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

HH,

Ah yes... I talked to you last week. So the pinging did come back? I don't see a problem getting the detonation to go away and I'd be willing to be that the tip-in detonation and the surging might be related.

I'll get a look the first of the week and see what I can come up with. Get in touch with me during the week and we'll see what's up.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
HH,

Ah yes... I talked to you last week. So the pinging did come back? I don't see a problem getting the detonation to go away and I'd be willing to be that the tip-in detonation and the surging might be related.

I'll get a look the first of the week and see what I can come up with. Get in touch with me during the week and we'll see what's up.

Thanks.
yes the pinging came back ...yea i call ya Thanks HH
Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Whopper

08F150 is on a distinguished road

My 08 did the same thing with the canned tunes. I still have an issue with surging on tip in more noticable in 3rd. It does it even with the stock tune. I will try to get a hold of Bill next week to give a more detailed description of the issue. Must be something with 08 with the latest calibration. Almost feels like it runs lean on tip in.
Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08F150 View Post
My 08 did the same thing with the canned tunes. I still have an issue with surging on tip in more noticable in 3rd. It does it even with the stock tune. I will try to get a hold of Bill next week to give a more detailed description of the issue. Must be something with 08 with the latest calibration. Almost feels like it runs lean on tip in.

That sucks on the stock tune ,,mine only had a problem after the dealer reflashed..pinging valves on tip in. If i ran e-85 in it the problem would go away for while ,,, by chance is yours a flex fuel ??,,do you have custom tunes yet ??? good luck on it getting fixed HH
Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Whopper

08F150 is on a distinguished road

Yes mine is also a flex fuel. My truck was built late 08 so I guess it already had the latest flash. Its not a real bad surge but its there. I can really hear it in the tone of the exaust when it does it, sounds like i'm getting on and off the throttle.
Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM

How's this...

BOTH of you guys are running RXDG6B4 calibrations. Curious, don't you think???

I am looking into what exactly is going on with this particular calibration set and see what we can come up with.

Stay tuned.

(678) 890-1110

Old Sat, June 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Whopper

i know another guy having the same problem 08, ffv, pinging valves but he doesnt have a programmer yet

my production date is 2/08

like bill is getting to ,, a new problem and we are the first to enjoy this issue i have to laugh or im going to roll it off a cliff ,,anyways from what ive heard on the forum and even local info even in cincinnti,ohio He's the MAN !!!!!