Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Really, 4.6 still takes the stock size belt.

Just for curiousity what pulleys are swapped out?

The 5.4 swaps the crank and the waterpump, with new resized ones.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Really, 4.6 still takes the stock size belt.

Just for curiousity what pulleys are swapped out?

The 5.4 swaps the crank and the waterpump, with new resized ones.

Lars
Summit's kit for the 4.6L 04 New body style and up replaces the same, crank & waterpump. The Crank was definitely bigger than stock. Their kit for the 04 Heritage and older was a 3 pulley set, with a new alternator pulley being the 3rd.

I was surprised it took the stock length belt, I bought the 99" belt first and it would NOT fit. Was half expecting the stock length to slip at WOT shifting like my old belt/pullies did, but it didn't.
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ford F150 FX4

way2qk4u2c is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what part number is for the 04-08 5.4l UDP on the summit site?
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c View Post
Does anyone know what part number is for the 04-08 5.4l UDP on the summit site?
I don't think Summit has a kit for the 5.4's
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 10:43 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post
I was surprised it took the stock length belt, I bought the 99" belt first and it would NOT fit. Was half expecting the stock length to slip at WOT shifting like my old belt/pullies did, but it didn't.
Yes Neal that suprises me also. Just another ? Where is the belt tensioner indicating mark? I usually mark it if I am working on one that doesn't have them.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Livin' The Dream

RZDANO is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Dixie Design;5734]Summit's kit for the 4.6L 04 New body style and up replaces the same, crank & waterpump. The Crank was definitely bigger than stock. Their kit for the 04 Heritage and older was a 3 pulley set, with a new alternator pulley being the 3rd.

Are You sure the crank pulley was larger???? That would be an overdrive.
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZDANO View Post
Are You sure the crank pulley was larger???? That would be an overdrive.
my bad, yeah it's smaller. Forums are "against the rules" at my 8-4, was in a hurry. Crank's smaller
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I was going to ask the same question, when I saw "larger" - didn't make a lot of sense, did it? So, if the alternator pulley isn't swapped, I wonder if the crank is even smaller to give the same effect?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Warranty Voider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
I was going to ask the same question, when I saw "larger" - didn't make a lot of sense, did it? So, if the alternator pulley isn't swapped, I wonder if the crank is even smaller to give the same effect?

- Jack
I wish I would have measured before I put them on, when I pull my fan out to install Troyer's efans, I'll snap some extra photos and take some diameters for y'all.

I'll post the photos I took after the install tonight.
Old Mon, March 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Warranty Voider

As promised, here are a couple pics I took after the install. I'll upload some more when I get that big ol fan out of the way

The waterpump pulley is the one closer, the crank pulley is the pretty shiney one.

And no I haven't put the Gatorback Belt on yet, just got the replacement this weekend after Summit sent me the wrong one for the 3rd time.