Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, May 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Whopper

Stealth is on a distinguished road
Default Failed inspection

I have an edge evo custom tuned by Bill. He did these before he started doing gryphons waaaay back. He did me a custom 87 perf and 93 perf tune.

Last year I put on long tube headers. Bill told me a retune wasn't necessary. The LT's came with small cats and I ended up with cat inefficiency codes so I contacted Bill and he turned off my rear o2's so I could pass emissions for state inspection. I have since had magnaflow cats installed that are the same size most guys are replacing their stock cats with.

Well I went to get it inspected and my o2's are not ready. Friend of mine told me the rears might not have been turned off properly. Anyway, last week I sent Bill an email regarding this and haven't gotten a reply and I only have a few days left to figure it out. My main question is will it be safe to switch back to stock even with the headers to get my drive cycles in, in order to be ready for inspection?

2005 f150 5.4