Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Whopper Junior

Evil150 is on a distinguished road
Default My Evo screen went blank but I want custom tunes

Ok so I bought my Edge Evo for my 05 F150 5.4 Scab about 6 months ago from some guy on Craigslist. I watched him put his truck to stock, programmed mine and it worked like a charm for 2 or 3 months. Then sometimes when I would turn on my truck the backlight would stay on but I couldn't read anything. I would unplug it and turn on/off the truck and most of the time that would work. NOW it's been blank for over a month and wont turn off (the backlight) when i turn off my truck. I can't get it to show any part of the black writing on screen, still the backlight will show up when i plug it in. Here is what I have tried:

Unplugging the back of Evo and back in (nothing)
Unplugging and replugging the OBD port (nothing)
Disconnecting the battery overnight. (still nothing)
Bought a brand new yellow top optima (still nothing)

The thing is I want to send it in for custom tunes but I can't program my truck back to stock, I am stuck on level 3. Can this be fixed? Can I send it into Edge even though I'm not the original owner? Am I screwed?

Thank you so much for your time. I tried searching and read a few threads like this but didn't quite get a complete answer.
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Well I have no idea if this will work but I could probably post pics of each step you will go through to program back to stock.
...but that is IF the pixels are dead.

Can you push buttons and hear the little "beep" or "click" noise come from the programmer?
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I'd contact Edge.
Edge Products| Contact us

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, May 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Some of this sounds like a bad battery issue, but for it to go on so long, doesn't seem possible.

Still, I think I'd have my battery load tested and replaced if the test shows fail. Then, with the ignition key ON, unplug the Edge, wait about 30 sec and plug it back in.

If this doesn't work, and since you have a new battery it may not, you have most likely corrupted the firmware in the Edge. The only cure is to contact Edge for assistance. They may be able to set up a download to correct the issue.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Whopper Junior

Evil150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Well I have no idea if this will work but I could probably post pics of each step you will go through to program back to stock.
...but that is IF the pixels are dead.

Can you push buttons and hear the little "beep" or "click" noise come from the programmer?
I can't hear any beep or click, but I don't think I ever did even when it was working. The buttons seem fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Some of this sounds like a bad battery issue, but for it to go on so long, doesn't seem possible.

Still, I think I'd have my battery load tested and replaced if the test shows fail. Then, with the ignition key ON, unplug the Edge, wait about 30 sec and plug it back in.

If this doesn't work, and since you have a new battery it may not, you have most likely corrupted the firmware in the Edge. The only cure is to contact Edge for assistance. They may be able to set up a download to correct the issue.

- Jack
On F150forum.com everyone told me it was a battery issue, hence the buying of the new battery. I suppose I'll have to get it load tested. I tried to plug it into my computer via mini usb and it recognized it on my comp but the screen didn't light up at all (does it when its working?) It recognized it but I couldn't get the software to work and Edge says it wont work with Vista or a Mac. Which I have both, who has an older OS then vista?? Or not have mac software?
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 04:55 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

It will work on the older XP pc OS.
Are you sure it won't work on Vista?
Which software?
Lightning or Fusion?
Lightning to my knowledge is XP only.
Fusion should work on Vista.
Peace!

Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 05:35 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The screen should flash red when you first connect it to the PC, then turn green when the unit is recognized (at least Gryphons do this when being connected through Pegasus). Lightning doesn't work with Vista or Macs, but Fusion only hates Macs.

I think there's a VERY strong probability that the firmware is corrupted. I really think Edge Tech Support is your best option.

- Jack
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

The only way to run any tuning software on a mac is parallels along with a licenced keyed XP software. Then you maybe short the protection software also and have to buy that too.
It's possible to do but for an additional $300-$400.
Peace!