Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Fri, March 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default Short diving/fishing trip yesterday

Tested out my new Olympus camera yesterday for taking video. I think it'll make some good stuff once I get the hang of how it works. I went diving to look at some plecostomus fish that have become a problem in San Marcos.

You'll notice I looked up halfway through the video, because they kept hitting me in the head as they spun around.

Also did some fishing later.
Caught 4 plecos to put in water troughs. The smallest one is going into my aquarium.

Caught about 5 of these, some bigger, some smaller.
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Whopper

DocBar is on a distinguished road

Nice camera work. What other waterways are these fish in? When I was a kid, we used to go to Aquamarina Springs and ride the glass bottom boats. I don't remember seeing these.

I used to dive Canyon Lake a LOT back in the early/mid 80's. I'd love to dive the river sometime. Looked like nice clear water.
Old Sat, May 26th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Forum Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Nice camera work. What other waterways are these fish in? When I was a kid, we used to go to Aquamarina Springs and ride the glass bottom boats. I don't remember seeing these.

I used to dive Canyon Lake a LOT back in the early/mid 80's. I'd love to dive the river sometime. Looked like nice clear water.
That is because they aren't supposed to be in our river systems. I'd imagine they can be found in every river system since they are so cheap in pet stores. Just like with oscars, people buy a cute little 2 inch fish that grows like crazy. They eventually outgrow their tanks and people are too sentimental to euthanize them so they "release them back into the wild" which is not their natural habitat.

Sad to say it but Aquarina springs is no longer there. The university has been working on returning the area to its natural setting. The lily pad shade area was helicoptered out last year. They still do glass bottom boat tours and also started glass bottom kayak but it will never be the tourist hotspot it used to be.

I took a trip to Canyon lake a few months ago and the water was gorgeous.
Old Fri, June 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pics!!!

the bottom fish looks like a sunny or a crauppy

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, June 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Forum Predator

Yep, long ear sunfish.

Here is another one I caught yesterday.