Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Whopper Junior

01crewcab is on a distinguished road
Default Edge Evo Problems

Well I'm glad I haven't sent my Evo in yet. I just had my truck into a local Ford dealer. They messed with my PCM. Truck is now slower than a slug. Went to reload the Evo, and it doesn't recognize my truck. What now? I can't hardly stand to drive it
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Gryphon CTS

shotgun will become famous soon enough

Wow - that sucks. Need a little more information, please.

Did you program the truck back to stock before you took it to the dealer?

Is this an Edge or a Gryphon?

If it's a Gryphon, is your UserCP data up-to-date and complete?

Factory manuals here: http://www.motorcraftservice.com
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Joe - I see you have a 2001 F350, and, in answer to Shotgun's question, it appears you have NOT converted your Edge to a Gryphon yet.

Edge Tech Support SHOULD be able to help you. My guess is, a Fusion or Lightning download of some type will make it recognize the new firmware on the PCM. And, as Shotgun pointed out, I sure hope you DID program your truck back to stock before taking it in. Otherwise, I think it's going to cost $75 from either Edge or PHP to get your unit unlocked.

I suspect though, this is a fairly old Evolution, and the PCM update is probably newer than the firmware on it. So, a firmware update should have you back in business.

Welcome to our forum, by the way! We try to help, whatever the problem.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Whopper Junior

Thank you both for the replies. I did not return it to stock. It's a long story. I basically have a fuel relay shutoff, that's activated with a fob when you want to start the truck. Unfortunately the Tech was not informed of that and couldn't start the truck when he was done working on it. The dealership calls me and says I need a new PCM! I asked if the Tech had pushed the fob button, well no he didn't know! Yes it is an old Edge that was basically loaded with BD tunes, so the performance rating is 80hp vs 100hp on a normal EVO. I'm thinking I should send it in and get it totally reprogrammed
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

You may not need to send it in. But, DO call Edge Tech Support on this. I'm sure Bill could help you too, but it seems more like an "Edge" problem to me, since you don't have a Gryphon.

They can certainly unlock it, and after that, I suspect a no-cost firmware update should put you back in business.

Edge has some GOOD people in their tech support team. I've seen a number of very positive responses on them in the f150online forum (where I'm also a Moderator). Please give it a try there, and if they can't help you, we'll try to get you hooked up with Bill.

- Jack
Old Tue, April 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

If it's an old Evo (as in "Gameboy" style) then any update will unfortunately require that you send it in. If it's a dash mount, then you're in good shape and the unit can be updated/corrected remotely. Either we or Edge can help you on this so just let us know how you'd like to handle it.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 01:01 PM
Whopper Junior

I believe I'll send to you. Please let me know what info you need before I send it off. Thank you,
Joe
01crewcab