Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Old Sat, October 29th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default New pictures, Pedernales Falls State Park WARNING: PICTURE RESIZE FAILED

Took a mountain bike trip with my brother today and snapped some pics while we were out there.

If they look like they are wide screen, it is because I uploaded edited pictures that I made for my desktop.

On the way to the secret fishing hole...

Here I constructed a fishing pole from some fishing line and flies I had brought, specifically for this hole, and a decent sized cedar limb my brother found. Ended up catching one little fish.

This is a product of many years worth of water trickling from a hillside. Judging by the mineral composition it was deposited, not eroded, just like cave stalagmites and stalactites but most resembling "soda straws". It was really cool to look at in person.

Then we went on about 8 miles of trails where I remembered why my monster trail bike is not intended for smooth trails but is absolutely awesome for the really rough trails. Of course the majority of the trails had to be smooth though.

When we were done with the bikes we headed to the river to look around, expecting to see an absolutely dry river bed...not quite.

Eroded rock that looks like sand dunes.

This is what happens when the temperature drops from 90s to low 50s, the water magically becomes clear.

If it weren't for my Paint.net, there would be 5 people scattered across this picture.

Last edited by Longshot270; Sat, October 29th, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old Sun, October 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Great pics, surprised me how clear that water looks