Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down N Dirty View Post
I like you already! You fit right in!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Cowdog

Down N Dirty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Cool - It's an A.R.E. cap. I got it after I bought the truck to protect stuff we take along with us when we go camping. One of the things I like about it is it has "flip-up" windows (an option) on both sides, so you have easy access into the bed. The paint color matches the truck perfectly too. I had it attached to the bed with C-clamp hold-downs which makes it very easy to remove and reinstall (as long as there are two people to lift the thing). Here's their website: http://www.4are.com/ (which is sort of hard to find).

- Jack
An A.R.E. is what I'm going to buy. Glad to hear the paint match was good. They told me it would take about three weeks to get after I ordered it. My truck is the Dark Stone color and I really like it, plus it's not terribly common...I like that too. As a hobby, I breed, show and herd with Australian Cattle Dogs, so my main purpose for a cap is dog containment. I really wanted to move them out of the passenger area of my Suburban, so this gave me the excuse I needed to by a new truck. No one told me there would be so many cool things that I NEEDED to buy for my truck though. I'll break it to my wife gently.

Dave
Old Tue, December 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Cowdog

Down N Dirty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Dave,

Glad to have you aboard! Like you, I spent a number of years "on the wrench" with plenty 'o carbs and distributors to toy with. (Anyone remember the "leaky" Ford ignition modules with the Blue and Black grommets? )

We may start an area where we can just BS about all the old cars and trucks we've worked on and maybe even offer a few tips on how to rebuild a Rochester C4 or how to diagnose a failing HEI ignition module.

Catch ya 'round the engine stand!

(A little something to wet your whistle)

&
Thanks Bill, what a great way to end the night.

Dave
Closed Thread