Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > General Vehicle Related Topics > Towing

Towing This forum is specifically for questions, comments, or ideas about towing with your vehicle.

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 10:42 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
OE telescoping mirrors WILL be pricey - probably in the $500-600 range for a pair.
Looks like the thread Lars has given you has people putting telescoping OEM mirrors on their trucks, similar to the kind you see on the 2009 models and earlier Superdutys.

- Jack
In that thread one guy got them for $426 then ford dropped its price and another guy got them for $290. From the same place.

The mirrors are full powered minus powered telescoping feature and power fold. These are brand spankin new oem's.

I don't think $290 is that bad of a deal?

The weird thing I was reading in there, was that the manual everything ones were more expensive. Go figure?

So check on the pricing.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
In that thread one guy got them for $426 then ford dropped its price and another guy got them for $290. From the same place.

The mirrors are full powered minus powered telescoping feature and power fold. These are brand spankin new oem's.

I don't think $290 is that bad of a deal?

The weird thing I was reading in there, was that the manual everything ones were more expensive. Go figure?

So check on the pricing.

Lars
I think I saw something like that when I was researching mirrors for my f150 too. Some of the powered ones were cheaper than manual? Oh well. I know I really like the power fold option on my mirrors, since it's a tight squeeze into our garage. I wouldn't need power telescoping though.

As I said though, the Cipa mirrors work so well, that I stopped worrying about real towing mirrors. They were about $30 each, as I recall.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post

Oh yeah, Camping World. TXWolf, you have a new trailer now, so just have your paycheck sent straight there for a few weeks for all the stuff you never knew you needed. I have a love/hate relationship with that place!

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 12:25 PM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

I think that I'll stop by Camping World today after work. My side mirrors look the same as your 2005 mirrors, Jack, except for the chrome on mine. So I'm hoping that they fit as well on my mirrors as they do on yours. And $60 for both works a lot better than $290 right now.

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If the installed mirrors are the same shape as mine, then I think you'll be pretty happy with the Cipa mirrors. And, since you might be new to Camping World, they seem to be VERY liberal on accepting "returns". I've bought several things from them for our trailer and then discovered they would not work right. They took them back and gave me a full refund with no hassle whatsoever.

I will add that these mirrors would not work for a "superwide" trailer. But, if your trailer is the standard 8 foot width, they should be fine.

- Jack
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sburn View Post
Oh yeah, Camping World. TXWolf, you have a new trailer now, so just have your paycheck sent straight there for a few weeks for all the stuff you never knew you needed. I have a love/hate relationship with that place!
Kinda hate to compare campers to motorcycles but they sound like they are alike in this way. "Buying it is just your down payment for accessories"
LOL's

Lars

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Kinda hate to compare campers to motorcycles but they sound like they are alike in this way. "Buying it is just your down payment for accessories"
LOL's

Lars
Yep, and ditto for boats, AKA "floating money holes"..

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 03:04 PM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
LOL's

Lars
That's funny Lars, and, TOO true! My biggest "addon" was a $700 Honda generator for when we camp in the boondocks. But, things like bike racks. fresh water hoses, sewer hoses, remote tire pressure sensors, an extra battery, chocks, leveling blocks, and so on DO add up.

I also replaced all the interior lights in the thing with high powered LEDs. They weren't cheap, either!

- Jack
Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Speaking of campers, boats, and motorcylces.
Just passed a "parade" on the interstate!

A f350 pulling a 30ft 5th wheel with a platform on the back of it. Holding 2 dirt bikes and 2 HD touring bikes. With a 24ft boat in tow behind!
Wow! That guy wanted to take all his toys with him on vacation! LOL's

Don't worry Jack I stopped to post this one while getting a pop+goodies at a gas station! So, I'll be be passing him again!

Lars

Old Wed, July 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sburn View Post
I'm sure I'll be walking around the store, pointing at all the bling-bling, saying, "I need that ... and that ... and that ..." LOL

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights