Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Whopper Junior

20004x4Lariat is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon, Aeroforce, and OBD Splitter

Bill (or anyone else who might know),

Can I use an OBD-II Splitter with my Gryphon so I can install an Aeroforce gauge? I've heard you state that two components cannot vie for the same information, but you could have two components with one component only 'reading' information. I'm no electrical guru, so just wanting some advice. Maybe the Aeroforce gauge does more than just 'read' the information.

Main reason I want to do this is to get a tranny temp output. My Gryphon on my 2000 F150 doesn't have that option (which seems stupid since Aeroforce says my truck has a tranny temp sensor in the valve body). Anyway, I can run a standard gauge and drill and tap the tranny pan, but would rather use the sender that is already there and not have to modify my pan.

As a side note, I guess there is no way to get the 2000 F150 Gryphon to display tranny temp is there? That would be the best option if it is possible.

Thanks,
Shane
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

The Mad Doctor says:

NOPE! Because both things will actively request information from PCM, there will be communication issues. The computer won't know that there's two things requesting information, so the PCM will just send it, and the first one to get it wins! He says that, for example, one is requesting Tranny Temp and one is requesting RPMs... the Gryphon may get the information for tranny temp and try to convert it into RPMS...

He just gave me this situation:

It's like two people in one house on the phone. The person in the other house will say hello, but the other two people don't know which person is receiving the greeting. God love him for making it simple for me.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Whopper Junior

20004x4Lariat is on a distinguished road

I guess that's nope to the option of getting the Gryphon to ouput tranny temp also?
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 04:31 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20004x4Lariat View Post
I guess that's nope to the option of getting the Gryphon to ouput tranny temp also?
It is as of now for your model Gryphon if you have a 2000 model year truck. I believe Bill is working on ways to change the firmware in your Gryphon so it will give you TFT, but you might be waiting a while.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Double Whopper

AgentOrange is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20004x4Lariat View Post
Check this thread...it will give you a little more info.

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...=3192#post3192

2005 F150 King Ranch SCrew 4x4
Flowmaster SIDO exhaust
DIY Ram/CAI
Electric Fan
Leveled w/ 20" wheels
3.73 LS