Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, September 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Whopper

nicmartim is on a distinguished road
Question PCM Issues??

Been fight issues with my 7.3l since I got it and now have reached the end of my rope. The first and most aggravating issue has been happening since I bought the truck. It is a random check engine light that turns on and off at seemingly random times. Codes pulled read P1670 usually and occasionally P1668. I have swapped in 4 IDMs and checked the wiring between the PCM and IDM throughly. The truck has run great up until recently where as now it is dropping the RPM's when the TC unlocks coasting/decelerating from highway speeds. I am thinking the IDM codes are probably not related to the RPM drop issue, but anything is possible.

My question is I have a Phoenix burnt for my PMT1 PCM (DPC-422) and I have read (I think from Cody) that any DPC-422 would work with my chip. Is this correct? I am not concerned about getting the same PMT1 PCM if something else will work with my chip.

If anyone has any ideas and/or suggestions that would be helpful. I have an AutoEnginuity but currently having laptop issue so unable to do any driving tests. I have tested it thoroughly sitting in the garage idling and things seem ok there from what I can tell. Still trying to learn the AE and all it can do. Thanks!!